Team Lead, In-House Manufacturing
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Would you like to be part of a business with 22% growth last year? Does being part of a business that helps life scientists achieve their goals faster excite you? If the answer is yes, read on!
As we continue our mission, we are building a new manufacturing team here in Waltham for our Protein products. This is a unique opportunity to be part of new growth at Abcam.
To help with this growth we are looking to add a Team Lead to join the Manufacturing (IHM) team.
About the Manufacturing (IHM) Team at Abcam:
The Manufacturing team works closely with other teams across the business to deliver high quality products. The goal of this product line is to deliver outstanding products to our customers and help Abcam achieve our aim of being the most influential company in life sciences by helping advance global understanding of biology and causes of disease, which, in turn, will drive new treatments and improved health.
Your role will include:
- Lead daily stand-up meetings, coordinate assignments for staff, identify priorities and confirm appropriate amount of resource to your functional area of the department.
- Support production, capturing and analyzing hourly work totals and escalating or solving issues that disrupt workflow.
- Work with our Supply Chain team to maximize productivity, and level out the daily workload by targeting suppliers and assessing processing capacity.
- Collaborate with the production team, analyzing and actioning data for production of protein, kits, and assays
- Support supplier labeling initiatives by updating product info templates and/or shipping branded labels on request
- Participate or lead other teams internally or external to support various projects including tech transfer, process improvements, validation activities, etc.
- Create or review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required
You have a bachelor's degree in Life Sciences with at least 3+ years in a production or manufacturing facility. You have previous experience in an ISO9001:2015 environment and previously demonstrated strong project and team management skills.
You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and have the proven ability to meet tight deadlines. You have a demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and can display strong organizational skills and are a proven effective communicator.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 158 days full paid maternity leave which will increase for subsequent children.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated including the booster shots, (once eligible) against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.