Location: Eugene, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Do you want to work for a business growing 20% year over year? Can you be part of a dedicated team? If the answer is yes, read on!
Due to our continuous growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic team player to join our logistics teams. Our Logistics Team is made up of shipping, receiving, and lab support.
Your role will involve:
- Pick/Pack/Ship finished goods for domestic and international shipments
- Print and apply labels for manufactured components
- Assemble completed component into finished goods and stock in inventory management system
- Identify and locate materials using our automated systems
- Inventory spot checks, digital and physical transaction requests, warehouse transfers, issuance requests, and digital scrap requests
You will enjoy adapting to a changing environment and have a high attention to detail. You will be able to work effectively in a diverse team towards a common goal. Your organizational and time management skills would have been gained in a fast-paced environment such as retail, hospitality, customer service, warehouse, distribution, logistics, or manufacturing.
You must be able to lift 50lbs (not very often) and this role will involve standing for 60-90% of the time. You must be a confident and effective communicator with both your colleagues and managers. You will have the ability and drive to meet deadlines. You must be educated to high school/GED level.
The job could also require short periods in a freezer environment, insulated clothing will be provided. You will also be expected to be computer sufficient including Microsoft Office.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 158 days full paid maternity leave which will increase for subsequent children.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.