Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to work in our Accounts Receivable department.
You will be responsible for protecting the company’s investment in its debtors, coordinating debts of existing debtors as well as assess risks related to new orders.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong team-player with a good all-round understanding and experience of credit control and who is keen to deliver excellent customer service throughout. A good level of Excel Knowledge is a must along with an exceptional eye for detail as you will need to create and maintain documents using V-look-ups.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Proactively contact customers via email, telephone and letter to secure payment of overdue accounts and keep records up to date. Refer any accounts to the Debt Collection Agency as required.
- Thoroughly assess risks related to new orders.
- Consistently address customer queries within 24 hours, liaising with relevant departments if necessary.
- Work collaboratively to ensure that the DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) figure is kept under the agreed limit.
- To accurately allocate and post cash and any other ad hoc duties as deemed necessary.
- Report any issues to the Accounts Receivable Team Leader or Manager
You will have experience working in Accounts Receivable ideally dealing with both US and UK / European customers although not essential. You must have used an accounting system before, preferably Oracle or similar. The ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative is essential.
The successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as you will be dealing with customers both internal and external daily, also required is the ability to work to tight deadlines and keep accurate up to date notes. You will need to have a very strong level of accuracy and attention to detail. It is essential.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.