Protein Purification Associate
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Would you like to be part of a business with 22% growth last year? Does being part of a business that helps life scientists achieve their goals faster excite you? If the answer is yes, read on!
As we continue our mission, we are building a new manufacturing team here in Waltham for our Protein products. This is a unique opportunity to be part of new growth at Abcam. You will work closely with both scientists and other laboratory team members to support production of proteins.
To help with this growth, we need a Research Associate to join our in-house manufacturing team. You will be contributing to the rigorous testing of antibodies, kits and reagents, ensuring that Abcam’s customers receive high-quality products.
About the In-house Manufacturing Team at Abcam
The In-house Manufacturing Team work closely with other teams across the business to deliver high quality publishable data. Relevant skills include a deep understanding of the biological sciences, an eye for detail and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Take responsibility for the experimental preparation, laboratory running and final data annotation of protein experiments, to support the final Quality Control analysis of core products.
- Take responsibility for the updating of tracking systems and datasheets and ensure any changes are documented and follow standard operating procedures.
- Support any process development, optimization of products and troubleshooting.
- Ensure compliance with Quality policies, SOPs and Health and Safety procedures.
You will have at least a BSc in biological science or a related degree with some industry experience.
Your in-depth knowledge of protein and cell biology, along with being a confident user of MS-Office applications, may have been developed in an industrial production or research environment.
You will be an enthusiastic team-player, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work independently when required. Your focus will be on solving problems as well as being consumer orientated. You must be able to work well under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.