Scientific Support Specialist
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Looking to continue using your life sciences knowledge and experience away from the bench? Are you the go-to person in your lab when experiments go awry? Do you get your colleagues back on track with excellent troubleshooting advice? Want to gain business skills in a fast-paced biotech environment? If so, this is your next career move!
As part of our Scientific Support Team, this role is responsible for providing daily technical support to our customers via email and phone. This also involves liaising with production labs about the products, updating product datasheets and reviewing customer data. In addition, there is also departmental and inter-departmental projects, sharing your expertise with your team and the rest of the organization. As this role interacts directly with our customers you are required to use first class communication skills as well as expert scientific knowledge. The Scientific Support Specialist reports to Scientific Support Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot problems with antibody-based applications (western blot, IHC, ELISA, IP, FC, ChIP, etc.) and other protein detection related products and tools (biochemicals, assay kits, Multiplex miRNA & Immunoassays)
- Independently resolve complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs
- Provide an excellent level of technical support to researchers via phone and email
- Liaise with product suppliers to obtain product information and follow up on product quality control
- Curate and publish product reviews submitted by customers
- Responsible for sending and handling product advisory notices
- Represent Abcam at vendor shows and conferences or Abcam home grown events by giving booth tech talks or live webinars
You’re an experienced bench scientist with a strong foundation working with antibodies (Western Blots, IHC, etc). You have a passion for helping others and you possess outstanding communication skills. You’re looking for a role where you can continue to use your scientific expertise but move into more of a customer-facing role!
- M.Sc.in a life sciences field
- 2 years' additional laboratory research experience using antibodies and related reagents in antibody-based applications. Experience must include western blotting or immunohistochemistry.
- Laboratory experience in multiple major antibody-based applications such as IHC and WB
- Background in chemistry with experience using and troubleshooting assay kits and/or the application of biochemicals in life sciences research
- Enjoys and excels at troubleshooting and problem solving
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.