Event Marketing Coordinator
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Are you looking to work for a company growing 20% year over year? Do you have a passion for events and the production of tradeshows, webinars and roadshows? If the answer is yes, read on!
Our marketing team is looking for an enthusiastic Event Coordinator to join our team in Waltham, MA. This person will be primarily responsible for the logistical production of tradeshows, webinars, and roadshows.
The role involves:
- Plan and organize conferences, including researching and hiring vendors, booking venues, planning transportation, inviting participants, and registration
- Communicate directly with vendors, for specifications, and ensure all parties understand relevant information and details of the conference at hand
- Meet with sponsors, committees, organizations, and stakeholders as necessary to discuss and plan event specifications such as scope, format, budget, administrative details, and special requirements
- Negotiate contracts with venue personnel, caterers, hospitality staff, A/V providers, and other vendors to acquire necessary services and activities for events while meeting budgetary objectives
- Monitor and oversee events from preparation and set-up through teardown to ensure adherence to planned format, compliance with regulations, cooperation between vendors, resolution of issues, and overall satisfaction of participants and sponsors
- Perform post-event tasks promptly such event ROI, surveys, reviewing invoices and bills, approving payments, and documenting issues and resolutions
You have a bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or another related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
You possess exceptional organizational skills, have a love for planning and assisting in our company’s brand image through creative marketing. You have exceptional organizational skills and can work to meet deadlines. You have strong communication, both written and verbal, and can ensure strong stakeholder management. You have strong attention to detail and are competent with Microsoft Office suite applications, specifically Excel. You can adapt easily to a changing environment and are able to work well individually and in a group across global time zones.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.