Procurement Coordinator - Indirect
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Do you want to work for a company growing 20% year over? Are you a self-motivated individual looking to get into the life sciences industry? If the answer is yes, read on!
Our procurement team is looking to add a Procurement Coordinator based out of our Waltham, MA location. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, this person will manage the day-to-day interaction and sourcing responsibilities for the East Coast.
The role involves:
- Responsible for purchase requisition assessment, the creation/amendments to purchase orders and the management of ERP based reports to track deliveries
- Supporting the creation of sourcing events (i.e. RFQ’s & RFI’s) requirements by the Procurement Managers
- Coordinate and manage the supplier portal including the supplier training, introduction and discontinuation and making sure all suppliers data is maintained
- The running of day to day procurement reports to support data analysis, key performance indicators and the daily requirements of the procurement function
- Working with the Procurement and Category Managers to support the creation and maintenance of procurement catalogues and SKU’s within the ERP system.
- Participate in audits and quality/compliance related activities where required
- Work with the Accounts team to approve or reject invoices with pricing discrepancies and resolve where possible.
- Contribute to the procurement annual cost saving targets
You have a bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, operations or something related with a minimum of 2 years procurement experience. You possess or are willing to enroll/get certified in CPIM (Certification in Planning and Inventory Management) or CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional).
You are a self-motivated individual with strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task within a high-paced environment. You have the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion when required. You have strong time management and analytical skills along with a strong attention to detail. You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.