Consumer Mkts Sales Rep
Location: Columbus, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Handle inbound from and make outbound calls to potential customers, conduct needs assessments, recommend coverage options, provide quotes, gather information and complete applications.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive inbound calls and make outbound calls to customers who enter the Direct-to-Consumer lead funnel
- Gather information necessary to offer a quote while answering questions and setting proper expectations regarding products and the sales process.
- Submit accurate enrollment applications on behalf of the customer.
- Manage outbound follow-up calls to qualified prospects who have not yet enrolled.
- Cultivate strong relationships with customers by consistently using the prescribed sales process.
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Life and Accident/Health Insurance License
- Successful completion of Life, Accident/Health Insurance licensing exam
- Previous sales/call center experience
- One year of professional job-related work experience
- Six month waiting period between previous employment as an Aflac Tier One employee and an Aflac 1099 agent
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the concepts and techniques of call center or insurance
- Working knowledge of sales-based processes or call center operations
- High degree of accuracy and quality, ability to check one’s work prior to submission
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with potential customers
- Ability to maintain professionalism
- Adherence to privacy regulations
- An understanding of the applications and systems currently in use within a call center or sales environment
- Microsoft Excel, Intermediate
- Microsoft Word, Intermediate
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations