RVP, Premier Life Absence Disability Solutions
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity: RVP, Premier Life Absence Disability Solutions- Boston, MA
As the Regional Vice President of Sales, you are responsible for revenue growth and market penetration in your assigned territory. As part of this growth you will build and maintain strong long term relationships with key producer partners in the National Size Segment for Absence, Disability and Life and deliver on all sales and activity goals. You will establish business plans for your region and represent Aflac in the Life Absence and Disability employee benefits market.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Establishes, manages & maintains effective long-term relationships with key National Account Producers (Brokers/Consultants) within assigned territory to ensure quality partnership and access to opportunities.
- Conducts site visits and Capabilities Meetings with assigned Producers to achieve sales targets.
- Develops & executes plans to increase/gain opportunities and introduce products/services, management & other resources to targeted Producer (Brokers/Consultant) Partners
- Develops & executes sales plans to increase sales revenue & market share for assigned territory and producers.
- Develops & maintains collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve sales objectives focused on the organization’s overall strategy.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of all products, services and operational structure to enhance ability to identify and target sales growth opportunities and utilize solution selling techniques.
- Cultivate and close Large Case cross sell opportunities from assigned inforce Aflac block of business
- Positively contributes to the organization through market intelligence; feedback and process improvement recommendations
- Perform in a manner that supports a positive company image, in compliance with all required rules and regulations and ethical in all considerations.
- Manages to assigned expense budget.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging market changes/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate in current and future solutions.
- Maintains sales call data in appropriate systems &/or completing sales reports.
- Meets or exceeds all sales goals for assigned territory.
- As a Key Resource, provides information and solutions by educating internal and external partners on company's products & services and capabilities.
- Supports Relationship Management retention efforts & looks for opportunities to cross sell & cross partner with appropriate stakeholders.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations, licenses and guidelines.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Life and Health Licenses will be required in all areas assigned.
- 5 - 7+ Years experience successfully selling Group Benefits to large and national employer
- 5+ Years Experience with top national size segment producers within the territory assigned.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated Successful Sales Record
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Underwriting, risk analysis and associated financials.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills,
- Action/Results oriented.
- Strong background in Employee Benefits, specifically Absence Mgt, Disability and Life
- Ability to influence outcomes
- Acting with Integrity - Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her true intentions; does what he she said they would do; follows through on commitments
- Communicating Effectively - Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
- Pursuing Self-Development - Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities
- Serving Customers - Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages
- Supporting Change - Enthusiastically participates in new change initiatives and programs; focuses on reasons why changes will work and how they will be beneficial
- Supporting Organizational Goals - Actively supports organizational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the company's goals and mission; aligns actions around organizational goals
- Working with Diverse Populations - Shows respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds