PLADS Group Underwriter II
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Hybrid: The selected candidate will be expected to work in the Farmington, CT office for 1-2 days per week.
Responsible for underwriting and analyzing new and existing Group Life and Disability business assignments with moderate complexity, under general supervision, to achieve business goals and maximize customer experience.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes assignments of moderate complexity while working within delegated authority.
- Provides technical underwriting support and guidance to customers and distributors, consistently providing excellent customer service.
- Maintains distributor relationships by consistently requesting the correct evidence, consistently making the correct decision and always explaining rating decisions.
- Completes a range of queries and referrals within agreed authority limits, measuring the exposure analyzing the risk of each case to maintain underwriting standards.
- Proactively contributes to the development and improvement of technical underwriting standards, controls, practices and procedures to better meet business goals.
- Proactively contributes ideas and work for the development of new or enhanced propositions /procedures/philosophy, ensuring we charge the right premium for the associated risk.
- Proactively supports development of self and others and contributing to a positive and supportive team culture.
- Identifies training opportunities for self and others and assists with training as directed.
- Works closely with distributors and other operational areas to support the overall achievement of the business plan, demonstrating knowledge in underwriting expertise, systems, procedures and processes.
- Assist with quality reviews in order to help identify, assess and take action to mitigate risks to achievement of underwriting goals and objectives.
- Undertake investigations and inspections of data, processes and practice to identify potential or actual compliance issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Collate and analyze data and make recommendations to support the underwriter´s decision making process.
- Assess and evaluate underwriting processes in order to identify areas for improvement, tracking actions and monitoring implementation to demonstrate the impact that change may have.
- Act as lead technical resource for standard methodologies and systems knowledge to enable underwriters to deliver to customers efficiently and effectively.
- Review and interpret information and advise internal clients of appropriate action to fulfill procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2 or more years of experience in the Underwriting area
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of changes to policies, procedures and governance tools, to ensure processes are up-todate, reflect new policies and facilitate implementation within own work area
- Group Life/Disability underwriting knowledge
- Understanding of Group Life and Disability products and services, affiliated systems, and applicable operational policies and procedures
- Strong math skills
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations