Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity: Account Executive- Houston, TX
The Account Executive serves as the point-of-contact and subject matter expert for accounts (Premier, Large National, Regional and Centralized) and is responsible for specified assigned accounts growth and retention. Directly interacts with clients for servicing needs and ensures both the health of the account and client satisfaction. Drives growth in the existing book of business through client-facing reenrollment, up-sell/cross-sell activity and facilitates resolution of escalated service issues for key brokers and accounts. Collaborate with Sales leaders and Broker Sales Professionals for relationship management activities related to opportunity management and portfolio planning.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for contributing to sales growth goals through strong relationships with existing clients, and working collaboratively to develop solutions that improve enrollment growth opportunity.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining overall account relationship and stewardship; builds, enhances and oversees the relationship with clients in an assigned block of business to ensure service needs are met and high satisfaction levels are achieved.
- In partnership with other market/sector sales professionals, proactively manages pre-renewal communications with the goal of enhancing re-enrollment effectiveness to drive persistence and profitability.
- Develops and maintains plans to support retention sales and product breadth growth within existing clients.
- Maintains, and executes complex client relationship plans to ensure the clients' overall service needs are satisfied and the business and profitability/retention objectives of the organization are achieved.
- Responsible for identifying cross sell and up-sell opportunities for new business and obtaining growth on the assigned block of business; attends/co-facilitates on-site, stewardship meetings to influence the renewal process; participates in finalist presentations and may offer pre-sale support.
- Understands and leverages Aflac’s enrollment capabilities, services, and tools; Develops and communicates ongoing enrollment strategy with both internal/external partners; works with career associates, brokers and clients to gather enrollment requirements, e.g., enrollment dates, number of employees, benefit participation rules, plans to be offered, type of systems currently used, SLA’s, enrollment type and key milestone dates.
- Partners with sales representatives, provides thorough customer updates, broker feedback, and other pertinent action items that contribute to improved sales effectiveness.
- Analyzes, monitors, and executes change requests for accounts throughout the implementation phase; ensures that defined service level agreements are met; uses forward thinking to make recommendations to ensure enrollment and service solutions are in place to meet the account’s needs and expectations.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to internal stakeholders by consulting on complex strategies to optimize client satisfaction & retention; collaborates with internal stakeholders on RFPs and go to market strategy.
- Identifies clients with retention risk; develops and executes plans to retain clients; Provides feedback and intelligence to internal partners, and serves as a resource to internal stakeholders consulting on complex relationship management/sales solutions to optimize satisfaction and achieve business results.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree Management, Marketing or Business Administration
- Up to six years of job specific experience in relationship management
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in broker and industry practices as pertains to product, enrollment techniques, and service needs of the client
- Experience in a service related area such as client services, sales support, coordinating activities associated with the processing of group enrollments (preferred)
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, public speaking, written & verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to have difficult conversations with internal and external stakeholders to help guide and grow the business.
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Normal office environment (virtual or in-person)