Location: South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $45,000 - $105,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Remote w/potential to evolve to Hybrid
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
Manages relationships and monitors the account health of assigned block of business; provides ongoing post-sale support, facilitates administrative solutions for service issues, and ensures that the client's business objectives and needs are met; executes a renewal and re-enrollment strategy for the account that drives premium and increases customer satisfaction
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 5-6 years of job-related work experience in the insurance and/or financial industry
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Two years insurance, healthcare, and/or financial industry experience (internal and/or external)
- Experience in a service related area such as client services, sales support, coordinating activities associated with the processing of group enrollments
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and drives implementation and relationships for assigned Aflac accounts/brokers; manages and monitors the account health of assigned block of business (identifying risks, barriers, suspense, overall service standards, etc.); develops and maintains written records and materials regarding administrative support of the account; ensures smooth post-sale service activities such as enrollment system setup, billing and reporting solutions, timelines, ongoing administrative setup/support and monitors ongoing activities
- Provides dedicated support for assigned accounts with accurate, timely and transparent delivery of account level stewardship reporting, post-enrollment debriefing, decision-support tools, and enrollment solutions after the case is sold; executes a renewal and re-enrollment strategy for the account that drives premium and increases customer satisfaction; implements strategies and leverages Aflac services for existing clients; ensures requirements for initial account set-up and reenrollment activities are met for assigned accounts with business units
- Works with career associates, brokers and clients to gather enrollment requirements such as enrollment dates, number of employees, benefit participation rules, plans to be offered, type of systems currently used, SLA’s, enrollment type and key milestone dates.
- Develops a working relationship to include periodic personal and frequent telephone contacts to monitor all areas of service; analyzes problems and develops solutions to correct a situation and prevent re-occurrence; communicates the resolution and monitors to ensure its success; facilitates working effectiveness of supporting business units; manages the delivery of service internally to achieve a high level of account satisfaction
- Develops, updates, and maintains account profiles; provides central coordination of ongoing administrative services with other business units to ensure that account issues are avoided or resolved promptly and prevent re-occurrence; uses broad experience to make independent decisions regarding the best solution to conserve business resources and implements and communicates the appropriate activity
- Analyzes, monitors, and executes change requests for accounts throughout the implementation phase; ensures that defined service level agreements are met; uses forward thinking to make recommendations to ensure enrollment and service solutions are put in place to meet the account’s needs and expectations; maintains a database repository of enrollment/service efforts and results
- Analyzes and completes reports as needed related to account activity; conducts proactive account audits to identify trends and document process improvements for open enrollment and ongoing administrative services
- Partners with the integration team to coordinate the implementation of technology with internal and external customers to facilitate data exchange; establishes, consults, and implements appropriate technology for initial billing set-up and initial premium changes
- Partners with internal business units to address any client question or issue, whether relating to technology, account enrollment, claims, etc., are responded to and resolved in a consistent and timely fashion; acts as a liaison requiring expertise at an intermediate technical and administrative level; handles complicated or unique service issues and ensures that the results meet the business need; escalates more complex issues to senior employee or management
- Stays abreast of industry best practices through competitive intelligence, and industry periodicals; drives the overall customer experience for accounts serviced; proactively identifies new service requirements in response to account administration issues; maintains contact with accounts to ensure quality service, facilitating surveys if needed; provides insight to help shape the account’s service needs as they evolve
- Travels to accounts as determined by the account service strategy and as needed to ensure the delivery of the distinctive, superior, responsive, and consistent service experience (travel is generally less than 25%)
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $45,000 to $105,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.