Account Service Coordinator
Location: South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $40,000 - $90,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
Represents Aflac as account contact for assigned accounts and provides on-going client support for servicing needs; resolves service issues and proactively identifies areas of improvement; works with internal and external parties to ensure that the client’s service objectives and needs are being met
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 2-4 years of job-related work experience in the insurance and/or financial industry
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Experience in insurance, healthcare, and/or financial services
- Experience with billing services
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Represents Aflac as account contact for Aflac’s more complex/medium sized accounts or supports higher level coordinators as assigned if assisting with large/complex cases in a developmental role; acts as a liaison coordinating account maintenance activities with various internal departments and the payroll account (customer) to ensure effective and efficient account administration; communicates with clients and other business units to ensure that account issues are avoided or resolved promptly and prevent re-occurrence
- Supports enrollments in conjunction with the supporting business units to ensure new business is processed and deductions are started in a timely manner at the account
- Updates and maintains account profiles, to include servicing and other pertinent data for effective and efficient account management
- Monitors requests for special handling and ensures service levels are met across administrative areas
- Provides on-going client support for servicing needs; facilitates resolution to ongoing service issues; works with internal and external parties to ensure that the client’s service objectives and needs are being met; proactively conducts account level audits to identify potential risks and trends related to the client
- Analyzes and completes reports related to payroll account activity to identify trends and document process improvements; maintains a record of service efforts and results; implements the appropriate activity to resolve service and administration concerns; partnering with the supporting business unit as needed ; periodically contacts payroll accounts to ensure service objectives have been met; conducts proactive payroll account audits to identify potential issues; coordinates or performs payroll account maintenance as necessary to ensure prompt and efficient service
- Facilitates meetings or conference calls with appropriate parties to include, management, supporting business units and other areas as needed to address payroll concerns surrounding account status and/or service objectives; coordinates efforts with Aflac Individual / Aflac Group for shared cases for billing issues on Shared Cases
- Develops and implements the testing of new ideas to increase service efficiency and client satisfaction; gathers, organizes, and prepares data for internal and external purposes; conducts/facilitates presentations to current and prospective large and/or payroll accounts; visits accounts as necessary to resolve service issues or secure business relationship
- Travels to accounts as determined by the account service strategy and as needed to ensure the delivery of the distinctive, superior, responsive, and consistent service experience (travel is generally less than 10%)
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $90,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.