PLADS Return To Work Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $31,200 - $68,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Demonstrated proficiency in product specific areas of Absence Management as well as federal and state regulations governing these products and services
- Articulate verbal and writing skills, decision making, meeting deadlines, working with confidential information
- Moderate skills with Microsoft Office and other software applications
- Customer service skills
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience working under pressure
- Experience in making claim decisions
- High attention to departmental/company procedures/practices
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of Absence Management Industry claims experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes timely, accurate, and customer-focused Absence Management (AM) new and ongoing claim decisions; reaches out to obtain relevant information to proactively ensure appropriate closure of applicable claims; documents the claim systems in an accurate and comprehensive manner; prepares, updates, and utilizes a claims management plan to attain the most appropriate outcome for return to work; remains in full compliance with regulatory requirements; demonstrates an above average level of proficiency in product and claims administration techniques; remains fully compliant with operational standards; meets or exceeds claim team operational metrics
- The Return to Work Specialist will be responsible for:
- Reviewing claim tasks to confirm return to work for STD & LOA Case Managers
- Making initial and follow-up outreach contacts to confirm return to work for STD and LOA Case managers
- Monitoring email inbox for client response to return to work requests
- Creating and sending daily report to client to confirm return to work for any outstanding claims where return to work has not yet been confirmed
- Managing standalone LOA cases to assist with ongoing management
- Reviewing claims to ensure all information is available to proceed with next steps for return to work process
- Managing ongoing company leaves for LTD Case Managers
- Maintains a superior level of genuine caring and empathetic customer service throughout all interactions; takes appropriate actions to earn the claimant's and employer's trust and confidence; anticipates customer’s needs and takes action as appropriate
- Works as a team to support one another through flexibility, collaboration, creating a positive work environment, consistently maintaining professionalism and integrity, actively taking steps to foster high morale, and demonstrating a dedication to excellence
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $31,200 to $68,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.