Sr Mgr, Program Management
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $80,000 - $185,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote. If working remotely, this person may need to travel up to one week a month.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting as a Champion for Change
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Developing Talent
- Managing Performance
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Business Case Prep
- Business Cost Benefit Analysis
- Business Definition Requirements
- Business Formal Presentations
- Business Peer Leadership
- Business Value Quantification
- Business Prioritization
- Lead Short Projects (1-3 Mths)
- Prepare Flowcharts
- Problem/Change Mgmt
- Project Change Mgmt
- Project Control
- Budget management
- Customer Service Orientation
- Establishing Expectation
- Influencing Others
- Team Leadership
- Client Satisfaction Metrics Knowledge
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Computer Science, Information Systems, programming or a related field
- Ten or more years of project management, program management or professional related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of software development projects, and IT practices and methods
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Master's Degree In Computer Science, Information Systems, programming or a related field
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with business and IT leaders to schedule and manage demand for projects, SCRs and IRs within the IT shop. Responsible for assuring that business priorities are visible and established in a way to optimize the efficiency of the IT delivery operation. Responsible for making the process of demand management visible throughout the organization. Collaborates with the business team to assure that business cases are developed and visible before accepting work to be scheduled.
- Works with project managers and business stakeholders to help develop and prioritize technology portfolios based on the business area’s objectives as well as the company’s strategic direction; works in partnership with Project Managers to ensure that final completion of projects are on time and within budget
- Drives program or multiple project delivery consistency and reporting
- Develops and maintains an IT roadmap depicting the systems portfolio showing current systems, future systems and intervening projects to achieve agreed and funded goals; conducts periodic briefings around technology innovations and new technology capabilities that will drive value for the business to include business model changes, new technologies etc.; reviews, improves and implements processes for engaging IT
- Works closely with the IT Architecture team to assure that enterprise and, as appropriate, department level architectures are completed in advance of technology delivery. Acts as a control mechanism to avoid “architecture by project” and serves as a catalyst to drive the direction to enterprise architecture
- Shapes programs and projects for the portfolio, based on business requests for projects and/or based on proposed portfolio strategy projects; accountable to assure that issues and risks to deliveries are transparent and communicated quickly, by working tightly with the Application Services team, who is accountable for delivery estimation.
- Understands trends in the industry that are pertinent to the portfolio; understands industry players, partners and vendors that may provide solutions for the portfolio
- Co-locates with the business and serves as the matrixed technology consultant role to the business as a key part of the business leadership team.
- Coordinates heavily with fellow Program Managers to assure that demand management, capacity, and work streams that require integration across platforms and business units, such as shared services, are organized and managed effectively
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $185,000
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.