Sales Cont & Comp Consult
Location: Georgia, South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
- If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
- If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- In-depth understanding of internal business operations, distribution channels, requirements processes, current/future state business modeling concepts, and software development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of the principles, techniques, and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management
- Ability to successfully lead and facilitate process improvement projects of moderate to advanced complexity, including asking the right questions, listening and guiding the overall process
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers, including good listening skills
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to document systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user friendly language
- Ability to successfully manage relationships with customers, IT, and peers
- Ability to successfully work independently or with a team
- Understanding of business fundamentals and quantitative business-based analysis and metrics
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office suite software and Business Objects
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In business administration or a related field.
- 5 - 6 years of professional job-related work experience performing business analysis, developing business requirements, using analysis techniques, writing technical and/or online documentation for end-users
- Experience with leading and supporting business unit activities for large scale projects
- Experience with and knowledge of Aflac Producer Management systems
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads contracting and compensation projects of moderate to advanced complexity, producing process and system solutions to improve service; serves as a liaison between business units and sales organization for projects; manages business unit expectations for system initiatives and projects, including timelines and prioritization; supports the sales organization in improving and expanding its distribution
- Coordinates business unit testing activities (UAT testing) and engages in testing as needed; communicates with lead IT developers during UAT testing to ensure proper understanding of requirements/system designs; supports financial validation and testing efforts as needed; serves as business unit product owner for the agile team
- Collaborates with stakeholders to better understand their business needs, and with that knowledge drives efficiencies/enhancements within the Sales Contracting and Compensation department; prioritizes requirements and business needs against current scope and funding levels associated with programs and projects
- Independently reviews delivered enhancements compared to the functionality and capabilities that were originally proposed; ensures accuracy of results through audits of system logic, peer review, and quality control procedures; develops actionable steps to resolve problems and ensure customer satisfaction; reviews processes and procedures supporting short and long-term strategies for automation
- Coaches, mentors, trains, and transfers knowledge to others as needed; guides others to complete reports summarizing activities and trends; participate in cross-functional project teams as the subject matter expert to identify critical reporting requirements
- Leads system reviews and documentation, to include process flows and business rules; creates specific reporting tools/methods to capture and track all critical success factors/business goals on all projects before project implementation; provides/discusses analysis of those reports with management concerning key release metrics to include recommendations on how to implement suggested procedural improvements; provides input from the perspective of cross-departmental functions; collaborates with Aflac Individual business partners to ensure processes provide a consistent producer experience
- Ensures that all changes in processes/procedures, to include new system implementation and/or upgrades are documented and communicated to the business unit, other affected departments, and externally to appropriate distribution channels before project implementation, including coordinating with Document Control on training material and performing train the trainer sessions, as necessary; ensures that all department processes/procedures are in compliance with regulatory standards and meet the requirements for both internal and external audit purposes; partners with Compliance, Internal Audit, and Risk departments to develop and maintain appropriate records and tracking as it relates to contracting and compensation functions
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.