Senior Marketing Data Science Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love examining complex data and turning it into useful information and insights? Do you love finding the next big ‘aha’ insight which changes the way a business thinks about their customers? Would you like to drive real change with global impact at the world's hottest SaaS company?
Atlassian is looking for an Analytics Manager to join our Marketing Data Science team. We’re seeking someone with strong business instincts and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to drive smarter data decisions and ultimately, delight our customers.
You'll be responsible for understanding and optimizing critical moments in our product buyer journey. You’ll do this by developing relationships with analytics and go-to-market specialists to understand the business and coaching a team of data-savvy analysts to develop insights and recommendations. Atlassian is a fast-paced, work environment and there are plentiful chances to create impact in this role.
In this role, you'll get to
- Drive analysis that defines our product funnel from marketing to sales and provides insights into performance and business outcomes
- Apply various data science methods to understand the most important aspects of our product go-to-market experience and buyer journey
- Use your knowledge of multiple products and initiatives to meaningfully contribute to a shared Marketing Analytics Roadmap
- Manage and coach a growing team of 5+ analysts in solving a variety of business problems
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- A U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
- Experience managing teams of 3+ analysts and are keen to develop coaching skills
- Excellent judgment and sharp business instincts to prioritize competing asks
- Familiarity with a broad set of topics and subject areas within marketing analytics (e.g. campaign attribution/effectiveness, web tracking, customer lifecycle marketing)
- Experience writing advanced SQL with a preference for well-architected data models, optimized query performance, and clearly documented code
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R) as well as a visualization & business intelligence platform (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Mode)
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Experience working in a global environment with remote teams
- Experience within B2B marketing, growth, or sales analytics working with a field sales team
- Experience across a broad set of statistical and machine learning methods to build descriptive and predictive models
- Experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling and building data pipelines
- Experience with operational tools and systems such as Marketo, Salesforce, or Segment
More about our team
The Marketing Analytics team has spent many years blazing new trails to enable Atlassian's most important growth decisions. We are constantly growing, learning, and trying to do things differently. We connect the dots from highly complex data to how our go-to-market teams can create impact effectively with that knowledge. We are thorough and dedicated to an agile methodology that enables timely decisions, while still ensuring quality work. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions in our data, and we use various types of testing to prove those assumptions. For us, it is all about enabling Atlassian to grow by delivering data in the right way, at the right time, to partners across the company.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!