Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Head of Experience Design, Demand
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you a strategic design leader who can bring teams together to solve complex problems and get stuff done with an eye for quality? If so, we have a unique opportunity for you to work as a senior design leader on one of the most fundamental aspects of Atlassian's business.
We are looking for a Head of Design in the San Francisco Bay Area to lead our newly formed Demand Experience Design team. This organization consists of multiple teams across North America, Australia, and India, and is currently experiencing a very steep growth curve across all functions.
Atlassian's digital e-commerce platform consists of these areas: our unified e-commerce store for 1st and 2nd party products, our growth teams, a newly forming team to explore machine learning driven experiences, and our Community and learning experiences team. The team builds tools and experiences for our customers to learn about, try and buy our products and those built by our partners, and engage with Atlassian in our Community.
As the Head of Experience Design, you will lead experience design managers, product designers, and content designers, to shape a world-class e-Commerce experience. You will partner on an ongoing basis with the Demand leadership squad to establish the team's vision and strategy and guide the orgs in delivering our company OKRs. You will also drive the teams to create a seamless end to end journey for our customers, asserting and measuring experience quality in concert with our CXO.
As a senior design leader of a major Atlassian platform area, you will work across a vast network of product and service teams to understand their needs and ensure our solutions scale, innovate, and delight our customers. You will also work closely together with specialized services that are aimed at our relationship with our internal and external partners and strike the right balance to ensure their business success while enabling them to provide our product customers with the best ongoing customer experiences.
As a member of our platform design leadership team, you will work with other design managers, lead designers, and other stakeholders to set the experience vision for the entire digital e-commerce platform. You will also be responsible for the craft quality of the shipped experiences in your area and grow the level of experience design craft in the team.
Leading this space means you get to maintain, improve, and innovate for over 250,000 customers in 190 countries. Your work will directly impact tens of thousands of customers and millions of users! You also help thousands of businesses who have been building their success on the Atlassian platform to succeed.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Work within an R&D leadership team to shape the ways customers learn about, decide, and purchase products on the Atlassian platform
- Drive the customer experience strategies to impact the Atlassian e-commerce experience now and our future vision
- Provide cross-craft teams with the coaching, direction, leadership, and support vital to envision and ship specific projects with a user focus effectively
- Lead and inspire a high-performing team of experience design managers and their reports across North America, Australia, and India. With a passion for developing others, you'll coach and inspire your team towards success and cohesion
- Bring your experience of customer-centric experience design thinking and practices to our teams
- Establish and maintain a high-quality bar for shipped experiences with your team
To be successful here, you:
- Bring the previous experience of having led customer experience strategy with teams at scale
- Embrace the technical nature of shaping a technical platform and customer experience, not shying away from complex details where they matter
- Have experience leading customer experiences with enterprise-level scale and delivering value to multiple, interlinked audiences
- Have a track record of planning and then driving business unit direction autonomously as a hands-on designer, then subsequently as a manager, and manager of managers
- Show great facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like Engineering, Product Management, Analytics, and Sales and Marketing, and Customer Success teams
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners, including senior leadership
- Are passionate about the craft of customer experience and bring a breadth of skills to Atlassian
- Have the passion and ability to step into the customer's shoes to ensure customer centricity
We'd love for you to:
- Have a deep understanding of the powers and unique challenges of a platform approach
- Have experience of enabling audiences with tools and frameworks
- Have an understanding of the need to strike a balance to nurture a healthy e-commerce ecosystem
- Have experience improving and sustaining design rituals at the org level
- Have proven experience developing and maintaining healthy, productive teams
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $246,700 - $378,400
Zone B: $222,000 - $340,600
Zone C: $204,800 - $314,100
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.