Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Senior Product Designer, Cloud Security
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello, to name a few.) We're making significant investment in experience design, seeking to make Atlassian products crucial for all Teams. We're growing our global design organization and searching for passionate, hard working designers to help us.
Are you a designer with a passion for crafting enterprise grade experiences? We are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic in delivering their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join the Cloud Security team. This team is made up of seasoned experts who currently deliver value to all Atlassian Enterprise products - fun, talented, hardworking who all enjoy playing and working together to define the future of our enterprise platform.
If you are dedicated to the user experience, love solving problems and thrive on variety, this is a great opportunity for you. As a Senior Designer for Cloud Security, you'll work with a small, cross-functional team of Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to innovate the way development teams build amazing software. If you want to make a meaningful impact on products that people rely on and use everyday, this is an outstanding opportunity.
You'll work on compelling design initiatives and deliver cutting-edge developer tools. You will be involved in early stage research and ideation, implementation, and iteration. Ultimately you'll be responsible for crafting a powerful and intuitive user experience for Developers all around the globe.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Work on designing the core user experiences for Cloud Security, an integral part of our Enterprise platform.
- Facilitate workshops with designers, engineers, product managers and customers for potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way
- Design experiences that make complex tasks simple for our users
- Partner closely with other product teams, Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineering & Program Management
- Join a high-performing team at the forefront of empowering team collaboration
On your first day, we'll expect you will be able to:
- 6+ years hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer
- Work across the entire end-to-end design process, from very early-stage research and ideation to iteration and implementation
- A passion for design thinking methods with a deep understanding and a high degree of empathy for the people who experience your work
- Anticipate design problems and decisions and recommends alternatives
- Show solid research knowledge, i.e. you can define what user research needs to be done (and you're excited to do some yourself) and use existing research findings in your work
- Be comfortable in facilitation, communication and collaboration abilities. Have a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- Work alongside a fellow designer, product manager and engineers to optimize the experience for how customers interact with Jira experiences
- Bonus points for experience using Service Design as a means of improving end-to-end experiences
More about our team:
- Product Designers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete user experience, from early-stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We challenge each other constantly and ask hard questions.
- You can be assured that you will join a smart team passionate about creating the best user experience possible and committed to delivering what users need to feel connected with our products.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $147,000 - $225,400
Zone B: $132,300 - $202,900
Zone C: $122,000 - $187,100
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.