Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Strategy and Business Operations Principal, Customer Experience
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking a Strategy and Business Operations Principal to partner with our design and research teams in driving strategic analyses, business case development, and business operations support for customer experience initiatives across the organization. This is a key position within the next phase of Atlassian’s journey; putting customer experience and at the forefront of our business strategy. If you are looking to make a big impact, partner with extraordinary talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us. You are a good fit if you are a self starter, adaptable, analytical, highly organized and detail oriented. You are a great fit if you understand the Atlassian customer segments, market strategy and business model, or have used the products.
At Atlassian, the Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact and visible team that works closely with leaders across the company. Using your business experience, analytical skills and creativity, you will own strategic projects from inception through delivery, ensuring that the solutions you develop are creative and offer high-quality and actionable recommendations to business partners. You will be instrumental in connecting customer research and insights to financial metrics/business results to frame strategic impact and trade-off opportunities for customer experience teams. You will also own aspects of the weekly and monthly business operations reporting, increasing visibility and accountability around customer metrics that drive growth.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Build high level strategic opportunity and financial models to develop recommendations and size customer experience opportunities to inform design and research team opportunities and focus
- Lead and mature the customer experience review cadence including biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business updates to increase visibility and accountability around key metrics
- Support the design and research teams in broadening the customer lens holistically across the product portfolio, sharing insights and providing recommendations for product and business teams
- Drive change by working closely with and creating alined, actionable strategic analyses with cross-functional partners across design, research, analytics, finance, product, marketing, and sales
On your first day we'll expect you to:
- Have 6+ years’ experience in customer experience or support, product or design strategy, consulting, product management; ideally have some experience working at a technology company
- Have experience working with key customer metrics like CSAT scoring, Net Promoter Score (NPS), Churn/Retention Rates, Customer Lifetime Value (CLV), etc.
- Demonstrated experience business case and strategic recommendations development from end-to-end
- Proficiency in financial modeling and building revenue and cost drivers; strong proficiency with spreadsheets and/or quantitative statistical analysis tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Strong proficiency in quantitative statistical analysis and depth of experience with statistical analysis tools such as R, SQL, SPSS or SAS
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau, Mode)
- Experience in crafting and executing customer research via quantitative methods and experiments
- Familiarity with longitudinal customer research and jobs-to-be-done frameworks
- Have an understanding of SaaS and free user base business models
More about the Strategy & Business Operations team
The Strategy & Business Operations team is part of the Operations function. We are a talented and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving product strategy and growth through monetization, pricing/packaging, and other go-to-market initiatives, as well as leading the ongoing business operations that support this growth. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We embed deeply within the product teams, and also work closely with business leadership across multiple other functions including marketing, analytics, finance, and more to support the company’s continued growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.