Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Head of CTO Operations
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The CTO Ops groups mission is to enable the CTO Organization to move faster by identifying, driving and owning initiatives that will accelerate our success and scale. We wake up thinking how can we move from good to great; what systems, processes, rituals, rhythms, tools or technology can we establish as consistent normalized systems at scale? We consistently seek to improve and innovate. We lead programs and liaise with partners across the business to ensure we execute on opportunities for increased speed, integration and impact. We ensure accountability not just for our own team but for the entire CTO Org.
In this role, you'll get to:
Be the 'go to' partner for the CTO, and lead a team to streamline and up-level our technology organization's operational processes.
Act as the central point of contact to prioritize strategic investment in operational inefficiencies and guiding Engineering's approach to solutions.
Collaborate with key Engineering leaders and other partner teams to identify new initiatives, and define clear goals and success criteria.
Align and drive CTO operations team to load balance across the Engineering organization, and to translate Objectives and Key Results into reality and successful outcomes.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- (8-10 years) Experience driving Engineering Operations in a Enterprise SaaS based tech company
- Experience or background in running both technical and business programs
- Ability to wear multiple hats and context-switch frequently and seamlessly
- Willingness to 'think' strategic, while also being willing to 'act' tactically and get into the weeds if necessary.
- Aptitude to balance trade-offs as you influence teams toward successful end product(s).
- Knack for building alliances and partnerships across the business as you find creative solutions to high visibility questions.
- A passion for operations and demonstrated experience in operationalizing processes, systems or practices at scale
- Eager and able to soar at strategic levels as well as dive deeply into details (rolling up your sleeves) in order to deliver concrete outcomes
- Outstanding track record with cross functional partners: people love to work with you!
- Strong bias for action.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to help unblock team members, while helping them grow in their careers
It's great if you have:
- Technical knowledge (ability to speak lingo, but not expected to code).
- Knows how to work with Engineering teams, and has solid experience with overall strategies, org structure & design.
- Experience with organizational scale.
- Experience managing managers (this will help us scale long term).
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $213,000 - $327,800
Zone B: $192,300 - $295,000
Zone C: $177,400 - $272,100
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.