Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Senior Stock Administrator
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
G’day! You may have heard that Atlassian is an Australian company. We’re actually a UK domiciled company and plan to soon become a US company. We’re looking for an experienced Senior Stock Administrator, reporting to the Head of Global Stock Administration in our Legal team, to contribute to the end-to-end administration of Atlassian’s global equity plans.
Using your business instincts, analytical chops, and technical expertise you'll be part of a fast-paced, fun, global team. You'll be a great fit for this role if you are tech-savvy, thrive on learning new tools and systems, relish digging into details, and revel in critical thinking. You love automation and are always looking for new ways to work. Your strength is in your collaborative nature and belief that cooperation and teamwork get things done - key for our small, distributed team where we all chip in to make sure the day-to-day tasks get covered.
We're looking for someone who will bring their whole self to work and add more of that special spice that makes our TEAM great!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Collaborate with the Stock team to develop and implement new processes to support our transition to a US-based company.
- Process new grants, stock option exercises, and RSU releases, and prepare periodic reconciliations.
- Answer equity-related questions from employees as well as stakeholders.
- Define, build, and optimize processes and workflows related to administering equity awards to a global population.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting of equity transactions worldwide, including UK HMRC, Australia ESS, Philippines Securities reporting, Japan Form 9(3), U.S. Forms 3, 4, 5, annual proxy disclosures, 10-Q and 10-K.
- Be a thought partner with our third-party vendor (Shareworks) on the development of new features.
- Support ad-hoc as well as period-end reporting to respective teams, including non-US locations with off-cycle reporting requirements.
- Ensure global tax, regulatory, legal, and SOX compliance requirements are met timely and accurately.
- Actively participate with Equity team in strategic projects, process improvements, automation initiatives, and M&A activity.
- A BS/BA degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or any other related field of study.
- 4+ years of equity-related professional experience in a public company.
- Comprehensive experience in end-to-end stock administration including familiarity with stock options, RSUs, RSAs and their related SEC reporting; experience with Section 16 filings, and 10b5-1 plans
- CEP certification, or a desire to obtain it.
- A proactive, detail oriented, organized approach to solving problems.
- Strong Excel skills to review data to confirm accuracy and identify issues.
- Familiarity with tracking equity-related requirements in different countries, with varying tax and reporting years.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within timelines, with tremendous organization and attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills in conjunction with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple special tasks simultaneously
- Customer service/employee-first oriented style with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and internal/external partners
- A healthy sense of humor, with a how-can-I-help, get-it-done attitude.
- Have experience with Shareworks, Workday, and Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Trello).
- Are located in the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones to best overlap with our distributed team.
- Are comfortable working on a remote team
On day one we’ll expect you to have:
It would also be great if you:
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.