Senior Product Designer, Admin Experience
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, with millions of users across our products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello, to name a few.) We're making significant investment in experience design, seeking to make Atlassian products crucial for all Teams. We're growing our global design organization and searching for passionate, hard working designers to help us.
Are you a designer with a passion for crafting enterprise grade experiences? We are revolutionizing the software industry and helping teams collaborate and craft the magic in delivering their best work. Think NASA launching the Rover on Mars or Cochlear gifting children born deaf with the ability to hear, your work directly impacts the products they use to advance humanity.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join the Admin Experience team. This team is made up of seasoned experts who currently deliver value to all Atlassian Enterprise products - fun, talented, hardworking who all enjoy playing and working together to define the future of our enterprise platform.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on designing the core user experiences for Admin Experience, an integral part of our Enterprise platform.
- Facilitate workshops with designers, engineers, product managers and customers for potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way
- Design experiences that make complex tasks simple for our users
- Partner closely with other product teams, Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineering & Program Management
- Join a high-performing team at the forefront of empowering team collaboration
On your first day, we will expect you to be able to:
- 6+ years hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer
- Work across the entire end-to-end design process, from very early-stage research and ideation to iteration and implementation
- A passion for design thinking methods with a deep understanding and a high degree of empathy for the people who experience your work
- Anticipate design problems and decisions and recommends alternatives
- Show solid research knowledge, i.e. you can define what user research needs to be done (and you're excited to do some yourself) and use existing research findings in your work
- Be comfortable in facilitation, communication and collaboration abilities. Have a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- Work alongside a fellow designer, product manager and engineers to optimize the experience for software administrators
- Bonus points for experience using Service Design as a means of improving end-to-end experiences
It would be a huge bonus if you had experience in:
- Previous experience designing for admin experiences and platform scopes
- Competent in managing complex stakeholder relationships across many different product teams
- Be confident in advocating for design within a triad of your engineering and product management counterparts
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!