Financial Analyst - Marketing
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our growing GTM (Go-to-Market) FP&A team. This role will report to the FP&A Operations Marketing Manager and will primarily support the Marketing function. This is an exciting opportunity to support and partner with marketing, and provide thought leadership to effectively and efficiently scale the marketing function aligned to business growth. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, and a confident business partner that is comfortable operating at all levels.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Be a trusted partner who will advise and influence the Atlassian Marketing organization
- Track budget movement across various expense accounts/departments and ensure spending in accordance with budgets
- Perform monthly and quarterly financial close and forecasting activities including expense variance analyses, highlighting risks & opportunities to budget
- Align with Accounting during month-end close on accruals and timing of expense recognition
- Partner with business partners, Accounting and Procurement to review and approve purchase requisitions
- Identify and drive process improvements to streamline and automate processes
- Perform ad-hoc analyses on strategic projects
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in a financial/analytical role
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Proactive, results oriented, organized mindset with strict attention to detail in meeting critical deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence interacting professionally with all levels of the organization
- Team player mentality with a desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Exposure to planning tools like Anaplan, procurement platform (Coupa), workforce planning (e.g., Workday), and BI tools/dashboards (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience in Technology or Software / SaaS industry
- Experience working with Sales and/or Marketing functions
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!