Technical SEO Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a Technical SEO Manager to join our growing SEO team. This is a unique opportunity to lead technical SEO strategy across an array of content types and technology platforms. You will join a team of content and technical SEO professionals dedicated to a portfolio of global brands.
Reporting to the SEO Team Lead, this role is critical to Atlassian product marketing efforts and responsible for the technical health of our e-commerce, support, and UGC sites. Your work will impact the search experience of millions of monthly users.
The ideal candidate for this role has:
- Proven Experience: 4+ years of experience working in a technical SEO capacity - ideally in a high-growth software or e-commerce company, focused on creating and implementing technical SEO strategies
- SEO Know-How: Plan, execute, and measure programs to prioritize our most valuable content through all phases of the search engine process including crawling and indexing
- Versatility: An ability to dive into the weeds of technical details with Product Managers and Engineers but get straight to the point when communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Charisma: You'll need to influence cross-functional teams by building compelling business cases for product enhancements and technical optimizations
- Technical Handiness: Expert-level knowledge of Google Search Console; familiarity with various crawling tools (ScreamingFrog, DeepCrawl, etc.)
- Analytical Capabilities: Partner with analytics and data science to provide program results, market insights, and opportunities to a cross-functional team that includes product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Proven Excellence in: Written and verbal communication, creativity, problem-solving, teamwork, and organization
What you'll do:
- Drive and help to shape a technical SEO strategy to drive sustainable organic growth and first page results for Atlassian products
- Partner with Engineers, Content SEO, and more to create or optimize landing pages, subdomains, and microsites that reflect Atlassian products' value proposition and customer needs
- Perform ongoing SERP analyses and optimize on-page elements and site architecture for critical search terms in multiple languages/countries
- Create presentations, blog posts, and courses to better educate teams about SEO
- Collaborate with relevant cross-functional departments, including Engineering, Product Marketing and Analytics, to implement and optimize world-class SEO strategies
- Maintain strong vendor relationships with partners in the SEO tech stack to ensure optimal use of tools and services
- Collaborate with the Marketing Analytics team to refine reports and insights that accurately measure the impact of tests and projects
- Cooperate with Product Marketing Managers across our full suite of products, including Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira Service Desk, Trello, and OpsGenie
- Stay informed on current SEO best practices to ensure that Atlassian gains and retains SEO leadership in its industry
About our SEO Team:
We are part of the larger Performance Marketing team that includes paid advertisers, implementation specialists, and localization experts. The SEO team’s focus is organic traffic growth, increasing ROI and growing active users. Our highly collaborative team works closely with technology, product marketing and marketing analytics to build integrated campaigns and define a marketing strategy that allows for a consistent customer experience across all channels.
You'll join a world-class team that is passionate about online marketing and building an exceptional customer journey experience with our products for our customers to keep them coming back for more.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!