Solution Architect, Commerce Back Office
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an expert Solutions Architect to join their IT Applications (Finance Technology) team. The team is tasked with optimizing the systems and processes that drive Atlassian from Payroll, Procure to Pay, Quote to cash, Talent Management and Recruiting. In this role, you will establish a winning partnership with internal Architecture, Delivery and Finance Accounting teams in providing creative solutions to meet the business capabilities. You will be involved in various aspects of identifying, designing and adopting industry leading best practices in such a way that such solutions are built to scale with our growing business.
- We love solution specialists who are appreciative, analytical problem solvers with appetite and passion to build the best-in-class, future proof design and deployments. Your colleagues would describe you as a credible partner who can take the most gnarly challenges on hand and arrive at a systematic way of solving for it by meeting both technical architectural standards as well as business requirements. You constantly assessing system functionality vs. evolving business capability needs and requirements; is a good liaison with business partners, finance and other cross-functional stakeholders to ensure future-proof process design, data integrity and security standards.
More about you
- On you first day, we'd love for you to :
- Own and recommend Technology Strategy & Architecture for enterprise level initiatives for the Finance Business Capabilities and Applications Portfolio.
- Have strong problem solving abilities given various constraints around process and systems.
- Have experience building conceptual and logical architectures and procure required artifacts and documentation of such systems/landscapes, process design documents.
- Bring experience with governance of initiatives that align with the overall enterprise architecture guidelines and principles.
- Have 2+ years of experience at a Solution architect or lead technical architect capacity in an Agile/ Hybrid development environment for transformational programs in the Quote to Cash, Commerce Finance Integration areas
- Have strong stakeholder management skills and is able to connect with leadership as well as operational user communities.
- Have 7+ years of overall work experience in an IT e-Commerce/Finance focused environment, and 4+ years in the Finance Invoice to Cash domain.
- 2+ years in the ERP Architecture and Compliance/Security Standards focused role .
- Have led the technology architecture and design strategy for at least one full lifecycle of several cross-functional modules towards an ERP/Finance Systems Implementation - preferably Cloud/Hosted model.
- Develop solutions and processes that support a rapidly scaling global footprint. Translate business requirements into solutions with the BSA’s and assist in the creation of the delivery roadmap, estimates. Complete change impact assessments across functions and be able to connect the dots from front office- back office
- Having a core financials transformation experience as a plus
- Be adept in the evolving technology landscape and an innovative approach to solving some of the gnarly gaps prevailing in the Commerce - Finance Systems integration zone.
- Partner with broader Enterprise Architecture teams towards building a robust IT Platform for Finance , Vendor evaluation/heat maps and long term IT investment strategy.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!