Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is searching for a Lead Researcher to join our growing team of research experts. Atlassian's mission is to unleash the potential of teams all over the world. You will have the opportunity to define and conduct research that not only informs our ultimate mission, but that also feeds the design, strategy and development of our products. You'll be joining a smart and passionate team of mixed methods researchers, spread across the globe and you will report into a Research Manager. We work together to continuously improve our craft as researchers and our ability to support Atlassian to build better experiences for our customers and users.
What You'll Do
- You will have the opportunity to make impact on a huge scale: we're searching for someone to help us identify and understand the questions we need to answer to move product strategy and execution forward. Your insights and discoveries will help inform not only our company strategy, but also our product experiences and long-term roadmaps.
- You will partner with key stakeholders across product management, design, marketing, analytics, and engineering to influence product design and direction.
- You will conduct end- to-end research using a variety of methodologies, to help us better understand our users (current and future), their needs and the opportunity this uncovers for our products.
- You'll be empowered to work with autonomy and creativity every step of the way, working with stakeholders to determine where the greatest impact can be made, and to triage research requests.
- As a lead researcher you will provide craft thought leadership, modeling high quality craft practices and contributing to the development of a strong and innovative research practice across Atlassian.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience designing and conducting user research that has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques (remote and in-person), along with the knowledge of when, why and how to apply them. We value your ability to be creative when thinking about the research problem you're trying to solve, and your ability to bring your team along on the journey of your discoveries.
- Communication skills that influence and inspire change. You know how to analyze qualitative data, synthesize into a coherent and truthful story, and how to create effective ways of sharing your insights so they resonate and are impactful across diverse audiences, including senior leadership.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!