Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Head of Technical Program Management, Economy
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
At Atlassian, we believe in the power of teamwork. Do you thrive on making high-performing leadership teams hum? Are you a master of delivery? Do you have experience driving a change at scale, and a knack for influencing executive leaders? If so read on - this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Atlassian is seeking a Head of Program Management in our Economy Department to lead and grow a team of passionate program managers to drive strategy to execution across highly complex, cross-functional R&D programs, and play a key role in the enhancement of Atlassian's program management craft. This role will focus on our "Economy" portfolio of work which focuses on creating a platform and ecosystem to enable 2nd and 3rd party developers to build and do business on the Atlassian platform and enable users to best find the apps they need, creating a network effect that benefits users, app developers, and Atlassian together!
This role is a key member of the cross-functional Economy senior leadership Team and will report directly to Atlassian's Head of Program Management. The role will interact with all areas of the business, including the product, platform, marketing, partners, finance, and IT, and will have the opportunity to interact with all levels of the business, from founders to scrum teams. This role will also member of the program management leadership team responsible for defining, inspiring, and leading changes to how we work to scale our business to 10X velocity. You will lead an organization of 40+ program managers, technical program managers, and scrum masters, both managers and individual contributors.
In this role, you'll be
- Distinguished People leader: You'll lead a team of high-performing managers and individual contributor technical program managers, inspiring and growing this team to ensure team health and delivery of our most important work.
- Craft expert and Change leader: You'll be a key member of our program management leadership team, defining and leading transformation in how we work across Atlassian. You'll influence and contribute to the tools and structures at a company-wide level by applying industry-standard best practices.
- Delivery: Drive a big, complex portfolio of work and ensure end-to-end execution across multiple levels of management, functions, and organizations.
- Planner: You'll own strategic planning and enable your team's high-quality delivery for the broad portfolio of outcomes. You will create pathways for product teams to connect, interpret, and deliver across complex cross-org dependencies (e.g. platform teams). You'll also help leaders track capacity and be accountable to drive investment decisions.
- Communicator: You'll own high-level reporting and ensure clear communications on priorities. You'll be escalating and driving key decisions at the company level - often to a CEO audience.
On the first day, we'd love for you to have
- Experience running large-scale (company-wide) portfolios requiring collaboration across a broad set of partners and participants. Partnerships may include, legal, tax, finance, compliance, partnerships, etc.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in program management/product/software development; background in engineering or technical product management preferred; Platform as a Service experience a huge plus.
- A history of leading from the front as a Rockstar leader organizing structure, process, and cadence around the ever-dynamic business demands.
- Proven experience effectively applying Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns, and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian
- Systems Thinking; provides deep expertise and a broad view of the organization to optimize linkages between structure, people, process, and technology. And the ability to drive systemic and 10X impact changes to how we work.
- A partnership mentality, cultivating strategic partnerships between the organization and key constituents and allies (e.g., vendors, customers, industry groups, government); facilitates strategic connections and navigates relationship challenges at all levels and with all crafts
- A track record of building and leading a world-class team of highly engaged technical program managers capable of scaling through a period of continued high-growth
- Active listening skills, excelling at understanding complex business and technical scenarios, summarizing information, and identifying key takeaways and areas of focus. You are passionate about fostering healthy communication, inspired leadership, effective management, and outstanding teamwork
More about the team
Atlassian's Program Management team is on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and ensure teams are continually progressing and delivering sophisticated cross-functional programs that drive customer objectives.
Program Management sits within Atlassian's Operations org, with the mission to unify and accelerate company-wide transformations, raise the bar on operational excellence and supercharge Atlassian's ability to get the right work done and multiply the impact.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.