Senior Designer, Employee IT Experiences
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Designer to help drive the delivery of a best-in-class, user-centered procurement experiences for Atlassian. In this role you will be responsible for transforming the global procurement workflow and ensuring that all Atlassians have access to the people, processes, and tools they need to be successful. As a Senior designer of the team, you will have substantial creative freedom and involvement in driving the strategy and delivery of high-quality experiences for the business.
Your future team
You will join the Support Experiences Team, a cross-functional group of designers, engineers and product managers working across an end-to-end support journey for both internal and external customers. Your main stakeholders will be the People and Finance Technology teams. You will report to the Head of Design - Unified Store. We are on a mission to empower our customers to be successful in our products and deliver on a strategy to scale our support service to meet this demands and growth of our users.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 5-7+ years of professional UX design experience, ideally in complex and/or enterprise environments
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience and interaction design informed by empathy for the user
- Experience working in a fast-moving, multidisciplinary product team, collaborating closely with Engineers and Product Managers to prioritize and ship high-quality work
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions
- Ability to champion user-centered design methods and standard methodologies of research and design techniques, including journey mapping, personas, task analysis, prototyping, and usability testing
- The ability to see the whole user experience, not only the part you’re working on, and have as much skill in identifying what needs to be removed, as you do in suggesting what can be added
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- Supported and helped others grow and develop their own craft
Bonus points for:
- Experience with design education and/or advocating for user-centered design practices
- Experience using Service Design as a means of improving end-to-end experiences
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!