Senior Architect, Enterprise
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for experienced and talented architects and senior engineers to join our Enterprise team. This role involves the design, implementation, and operations of the services to strengthen the enterprise readiness of our cloud. Be a part of a high-energy and dynamic team that delivers incredible, creative improvements to our products. You’ll collaborate often with other developers to write the best code for the project and deliver amazing results that our users love. You would not be afraid to speak your mind even if it is blasphemy for other engineers. We are looking for that elusive person who is pragmatic and surefooted even in the dark. This position would work across the 700 member development team building products and solutions, as well as collaborate with the border Engineering team across Atlassian to implement enterprise controls and policies.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Broad experience architecting, designing, and building large-scale distributed systems
- Broad knowledge and understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS with hands-on experience of one or more public cloud offerings (AWS preferred)
- At least 4 years of experience in crafting and implementing high-performance RESTful micro-services
- 10+ years of experience building software, with 4+ years in an architect role working across teams
- Expertise in working with reputable cloud service provider of SAAS or PAAS or IAAS
- Fluency in any modern object-oriented programming language (e.g., Java, C, C++) and in architecture patterns for distributed systems
- A real passion for collaboration and has strong interpersonal skills supported by eloquently written communication
- Experience working with devops, API-first, and agile software development methodologies
- Experience in operational requirements and common challenges of cloud-based systems
- Adept at working with minimal guidance and working with remote teams (peers, or customers)
- Experience influencing and driving large scale, strategic projects
It's great, but not required that you have:
- Degree in Computer Science
- Understanding of regulated industries and compliance requirements of FedRAMP, HIPAA, ISO, SOC2, etc.
- Experience in enterprise security and identity management
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes/GitOps
- Enterprise DNA and on-call rotation and incident management
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!