Principal Recruiter, Core Engineering
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for a Principal Recruiter to join our Core Engineering Talent Acquisition team! With an innovative suite of products and an ever-evolving approach to our mission of building successful teams, there is an exciting story to tell about joining our company today.
In this role you'll support hiring for our Core Engineering teams and develop deep internal partnerships, while providing an excellent candidate experience. We're continuing to grow at record speed and are searching for an experienced technical recruiter to look after hiring for niche principal software engineering roles. You will report directly to Recruiting Manager, Back End Engineering.
We're looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries on the craft of Recruitment. This opportunity is great for you if you thrive on innovation, use experience to produce results, and enjoy the freedom to develop new initiatives and roll out new programs internally.
What you'll do:
- Bring a focus on data. You're excited by the role data can play in improving recruiting outcomes and processes. Your experience will help you and hiring partners create the best approach to working with our business leaders and building our candidate pipelines.
- Set clear goals. You're comfortable with forecasting recruiting outcomes and helping collectively guide the team towards reaching their goals.
- Partner closely with key engineering leaders to bring in principal level talent. You'llseek to understand the what and the why and not afraid to ask if what we do today is the right way to approach tomorrow.
- Mentor teammates building their careers in technical recruiting. As a coach, you will use your experience and situational awareness to help recruiting partners hone in on their craft.
- Care. You'll share our values and exhibit them in your actions and communication with colleagues and candidates. You'll want everyone you work with to leave with an enhanced opinion of Atlassian and the recruiting function
- 6+ years of recruiting experience with success leading senior stakeholders to successful hiring outcomes
- Exceptional command of the recruiting process, including building candidate relationships, closing talent, and building trusting, successful hiring manager partnerships
- Experience applying recruitment data to provide insights and lead behavior change (where needed) with key stakeholders
- Exposure and a commitment to inclusive hiring practices designed to improve representation of URGs within Atlassian
- The ability to drive strategic projects from creation to launch to improve outcomes within Core Engineering, and Talent Acquisition overall (such as candidate experience enhancements)
- Alignment with our values, which are table stakes for how we collaborate, grow, and win as a team
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!