Senior Content Marketing Manager, Trello
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Trello, part of Atlassian's suite of collaboration tools, is the visual work management tool that powers over 2 million productive teams worldwide. Atlassian is looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager to join the Trello team, with a focus on uniting and refining our various content efforts into a holistic strategy that drives success for our key goals and objectives.
As the Senior Content Marketing Manager for Trello, you will own our content strategy focused on driving user acquisition, activation, and retention. In this role, you'll work on content long and short, starting with our popular Trello Blog to website copy, customer stories, newsletters, and more. We're looking for an experienced, data-driven marketer with a proven record of turning good content into a great user journey that delivers business growth through thought leadership.
Success in this role looks like:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive content marketing strategy that drives key metrics across the user lifecycle from awareness, to acquisition, activation and retention.
- Create and manage a team editorial calendar for content planning and production, and perform regular audits for content gap analysis
- Ensure content marketing deliverables are consistent with our fan-favorite brand voice, style, and tone
- Oversee a wide range of content including articles, guides, customer stories, newsletters, community posts, and any content corresponding to emerging business needs/marketing moments
- Recruit, enable, and activate leaders within the organization and across the broader Atlassian community to share and produce content, representing Trello in the Atlassian suite of products
- Leverage our marketing analytics and SEO teams to make data-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve to address our audience pain points
- Deliver detailed content marketing analysis that includes meaningful and actionable insights around how content is driving customer adoption and success
More about you:
- 6-8+ years of experience in content marketing, full stack preferred
- Proven track record of leading content strategies that drive and/or revive top of funnel growth
- A writer that can balance the art of storytelling with the science of SEO and data
- Editorial experience, including external writing agencies
- In-depth knowledge of content optimization, distribution, and management systems, like HubSpot and Sprout Social
- Experience testing and optimizing content and CTAs to drive engagement
- Experience with brand marketing and/or video marketing is a plus
- Experience with Trello, Atlassian or work management software is a huge plus
- If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role's requirements puts you in the running.
More about our team
The Trello Marketing team is responsible for designing and executing the GTM strategy for Trello. We're expert collaborators and big believers in flexible, agile working styles (while being creative along the way!)
Product Marketers at Atlassian have an influential voice in defining product strategy alongside the product management, engineering, and design teams. We also sit within an organization of end-to-end marketers, offering engaging experiences for our users in partnership with data analysts, creative designers and developers, performance marketers, email and demand generation.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!