Senior Executive Communications Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you want to influence the next chapter of a remarkable company -- with the chance to improve business growth and operational excellence? Atlassian is looking for a communications leader to serve as an essential partner to our Chief Product Officer and the leadership team. You will be on the global communications team.
The CPO communications lead will partner with teams, develop narratives, and raise brand awareness for Atlassian, Atlassian Product Craft, and our CPO's personal profile, internally and externally.
You're passionate about the opportunity to influence thousands of employees at one of the leading tech brands in the world. You're interested in or excited about technology and software. You enjoy developing engaging content and simplifying complex concepts to ensure our employees understand what they need to know and do to help our company succeed. You'll always find ways to improve communications and are comfortable providing counsel and an opinion to senior leaders. You're excited to measure the impact of your programs so that we are always on a path of continuous improvement.
Your future team
Our Internal Communications team is comprised of people with backgrounds in enterprise communication, content strategy, and crisis. We create and guide internal and employee communication strategies to support Atlassian's growth.
We're hiring an Executive Communications Leader, reporting to the Head of Internal Communications.
- Build and run a global internal communications program, and manage some external communications
- Work with technology leaders, serving as a strategic guide and tactical partner to help engage our distributed team.
- Create alignment across teams with comms, building understanding of the why and what for plans like our Product Craft program, organizational changes, shifts in product strategy.
- Lead grassroots efforts to more engage the global Atlassian community, using our values to connect with employees.
- Contribute to internal content creation and build a roadmap of messaging using multiple channels, from blogging and other digital comms to face-to-face sessions and small informal meetings.
- Create a unified voice and common messaging for the CPO and leadership team
- Ghostwrite, craft and edit messaging platforms, executive speaking points, speeches, FAQs, blogs, narratives, playbooks, and presentations
- Partner with other members of the communications team to assess, plan, and prep the CPO leadership for external media and PR opportunities.
- Coordinate and run internal events, such as town halls and Q&A sessions.
- Manage community feedback and address online comments or questions.
More about you:
- Have 9+ years of experience in internal and external communications or employee communications, both as strategic counsel and tactical creator.
- Have top-notch decision-making skills.
- Be a natural writer, able to personally pen content for engineering or technical projects.
- Collaborate with our Creative team to develop visually appealing content that tells a story.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!