Data Scientist, Product Analytics
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Millions of people use Trello every day, generating billions of data points. We are looking for a knowledgeable data scientist to examine user behavior and advise decision-making across the organization.
You will reporting to the Trello Product Analytics team. We're a group of 10 data scientists who love to share insights with others. We are lean and remote-friendly and looking for someone with business instincts, creativity and analytics mastery, who is passionate about applying these skills to guide smarter product decisions and delight our customers.
You will ...
- Work with other product leaders to identify high impact opportunities for analytics, and align analytics and data science priorities with the product strategy
- Play with our large volume of analytics data to understand insightful trends and employ this behavioral data and insights to intelligently improve user journeys and customer value
- Promote the measurement culture and understand the impact of our product strategy; including creating and analyzing experiments and product launches
- Envision, scope, and complete projects by collaborating with partners, customer research, data engineers and other analysts
- Share your high-quality insights to multiple levels of leadership to guide important decisions
- Foster an extraordinary analytics culture, leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
- Unblock data questions using Redshift, Athena, Databricks, Python, R, Mode Analytics, Tableau.
About you ...
- 2+ years of experience working in product analytics or data science
- You have experience analyzing data and experimentation in a business setting. You know how to pick the right approach to a data question. You know that sometimes the simplest solution is the best.
- You enjoy collaborating with non-technical consumers of data, and turning loosely-defined questions into prioritized projects.
- Experience deriving insights from data and telling a story.
- You're extremely proficient when it comes to writing SQL and Python/R.
- You aim to master new technology or language when the need arises.
- Experience working on projects around user acquisition, retention, purchasing drivers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!