Design Manager, Admin Experience
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a Design Manager to lead our Admin Experience design team, reporting to the Head of Enterprise Trust Design. First and foremost, Design Managers at Atlassian foster and grow design talent. They're in it for the people and get their kicks from leading others to succeed. At Atlassian, Design Managers are comfortable wearing many different hats – they're a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar work with and a sounding board when things get tough. They also work with product and engineering to define product strategy. Design Managers are also directly accountable for the user experience and are the leading voice of the customer.
In this role you'll get to:
- Lead and inspire others. As manager, your immediate influence is a team of designers in Growth, helping them develop their craft in all areas including Planning, Research, Visual, Interaction and UX Design.
- Define our Admin Experience strategy as part of our larger Cloud Admin space while partnering with product managers, engineering peers.
- Identify resources, and determine methods and processes to meet established goals and strategy.
- Steer the strategic design direction and help your team break it down into deliverable pieces.
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience managing a design team and a passion for making your team better.
- Experience providing teams with mentorship, direction, and support necessary to ensure that they're able to accomplish their goals.
- Strong facilitation abilities, a collaborative approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always work toward the best outcomes.
- A track record of effectively working with cross-functional partners. You can show examples of when you gained buy-in from peers, partners and executives across a business to influence a result.
- Ability to have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!