Group Product Manager, Platform Adoption
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Experience Platform team is passionate about creating unique, sustainable customer value through experiences that differentiate and make Atlassian greater than the sum of its parts. Experience Platform is how we quickly bring products to market that work well together, how we create cross-product collaboration, and how we scale products for enterprises.
As Group Product Manager, Adoption for Platform you will be the champion and subject matter expert to drive the self-serve mission of the Platform. As part of the Product leadership team, you will leverage your product expertise to deep dive into complex topics and provide recommendations, uncover opportunities and solve impactful problems. You will be excited by the opportunity to automate the Platform Adoption process and lead teams all over Atlassian Platform towards self serve capabilities.
We don't expect you to tick every box. We value culture and values fit above everything.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with product leaders in Experience Platform and the rest of the Platform and Product organizations
- Take a lead role in driving strategic topics relevant to the product management strategy and prioritization
- Bring together customer needs, innovative ideas and analysis into tight narratives that help us see a future vision and execute on it
- Manage projects from inception to execution readiness, building creative solutions and offering high quality and actionable recommendations for Platform Adoption area
- Be involved in the review of month-to-month performance, and part of a core group responsible for increasing visibility and accountability in our product management craft
- Work directly with development and design squads at all levels of the organization to guide prioritization of the Adoption mission and ship Adoption readiness automation tools
- Mentor, inspire and deliver outcomes of a growing team of 2-3 experienced Product Managers
- Identify and deliver Adoption automation opportunities for Platform teams to make their capabilities easier to adopt
- Report to our Head of Product for Platform
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of product experience with an understanding of Enterprise Cloud software
- 2+ years of people management experience with a love for developing and mentoring Product Managers, while holding them accountable for multiple streams of work
- Experience growing high performing teams who can deliver on complex and dependent initiatives in a multi-year mission
- Clarity of vision for your product / portfolio that provides the team with direction and inspiration
- The ability to distill abstract challenges into strategy and break that down into a cohesive plan that empowers teams to turn problems into user and Atlassian success
- A prioritization framework and the technical know-how to partner with engineering to work on the roadmap you define
- Ability to tell a compelling story at the right level to inspire any audience or stakeholder
- A proven ability to encourage your teams to build better products with a constant dedication to understand, question, and improve the experiences for our users
More about our Platform Team:
Platform Adoption is a central hub within Experience Platform helping Atlassian deliver value to customers faster by unlocking the power of Platform via a frictionless and self-serve experience.
There are 2 teams currently working on solutions to improve discovery, documentation and onboarding of platform offerings and help guide product consumer teams in their journey of building on top of platform.
Platform Adoption also evangelizes platform-wide self-serve guidelines and initiatives to drive consistency.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!