Senior Scrum Master, Ecommerce
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
The Ecommerce team owns the product vision, strategy, and buying experience on www.atlassian.com and our other public facing websites. We experiment, test, and optimize our sites to build a frictionless and personalized end-to-end user experience. We also partner with product marketing to bring campaigns to life on our sites.
We work across Product, Engineering, Marketing, UX Design, Content Design, SEO, Localization, and Data Analytics to collectively deliver an extraordinary experience on our public websites. You will be a Scrum Master for a development team and a Program Manager for the major programs the team is delivering. This is the perfect role for someone that understands program management, Agile frameworks, and web/ecommerce development. You will report to a Group Program Manager within Ecommerce.
The balance of time you'll work on Program Management and Scrum Master tasks depends on the needs of your team and the needs of programs of work they are delivering. The balance could change over time.
What you'll do
- Ensure favorable outcomes through the execution of programs
- Define necessary program roles/accountabilities across teams
- Negotiate across many teams to develop program roadmaps
- Surface risks and ensure resolution/mitigation plans are in place
- Share status, insights, impact across teams and departments using multiple tools and methods.
- Contribute to department strategy, asking the right questions to expose gaps
- Communicate strategy to others
- Facilitate the breakdown of program strategies into executable work with leadership teams.
- Increase organizational velocity of value delivery and accelerate change.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, build a case for change, and lead areas of improvement across multiple teams and programs
- Monitor health of program, squad, and teams in scope using existing monitoring practices and shares fast feedback for issues and ideas for improvement
- Coach other team members through changes to teams and strategy, sharing feedback with leadership team, and connecting changes to the department strategy
- Use Agile methodology values, principles, and practices to deliver value to our customers.
- Training, mentoring, and supporting scrum teams to follow Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Facilitate scrum events, meetings, and making decisions
- Monitor progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements
- Ensure the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team
- 5+ years of experience serving as a Program Manager or Scrum Master for web/ecommerce development teams
- Agile/Scrum knowledge and ability to apply it in practice
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, ACSM, or PMI-ACP)
- Program Management certification (PMP)
- Experience working with Atlassian tools including Jira, Confluence, and Trello
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!