Senior Design Manager, New Products
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Are you a design leader with a passion for innovation and creating new product experiences? At Atlassian we are revolutionizing the software industry, and helping teams across the world collaborate in deeper, more meaningful ways. We are looking for a leader to guide the design teams of Point A, the program that enables new businesses at Atlassian and helps discover the future of work.
Point A includes: The program that operationalizes building new products at Atlassian and manages this portfolio. The methodology and knowledge that enables building new businesses, so we can be better at it in the long run (includes the New Product Framework, Pirate Manual, and internal and external innovation brand).
In this role you'll also be a strategic partner of the Point A leadership team, informing strategy and roadmap decisions for the incubations. Your role will be to help grow, nurture and scale newly formed design teams working within our product Accelerator, while ensuring they focus on the right problems and stay true to shipping valued experiences to our customers. You'll work collaboratively with product and design leaders across the company to incubate and grow new products for the Atlassian portfolio. You'll iterate the design of the Point A program and build a more scalable approach - 'productizing how we build new products'. You're building a product whose customers are the teams founding new products, Atlassian's executive team, and our actual customers
What you'll do
- Lead and manage some of our highest performing designers and new product teams across the US and Europe
- Partner with the Point A leadership squad (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Strategy and Analytics) to make important decisions that allow Atlassian to build a repeatable framework for building new products
- Take the Point A Program from a 'startup' to a 'scalable business' by improving the org delivery and structure of the program
- Support new ventures along the full investment cycle, from idea funnel, research and discovery work, concept testing, and validating market opportunities to building and launching the product
- Codify learnings, practices and ways of working in a 'design playbook' of sorts that helps accelerate new product development across Atlassian
- Report to our Head of Design for Atlassian Accelerator
- 10+ years of professional experience in design UX, product design, design strategy and research, with 3+ years leading and managing a senior-level team
- Experience in new product development with deep understanding of UX processes, design research, service design, jobs to be done frameworks and toolkits
- Passion for (and possibly experience in) sophisticated enterprise-level software
- Experience defining new products strategies, creating MVPs, and running in market experiments
- A history of shipping simple, beautiful software experiences
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!