Risk & Compliance Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for a Risk & Compliance Manager who loves connecting with people and who is full of ideas to make valuable contributions to a high growth, innovative software company! As a Risk & Compliance Manager, you will work with the Risk & Compliance team, business and technology managers, and subject matter experts to coordinate and drive efforts related to product compliance, corporate compliance, risk management, and business resilience. Do you want to be a true business partner and not a "check the box" risk manager? If so, this may be the perfect role.
More About You:
You are comfortable working with technical leads and SMEs to analyze processes, business models and controls to discover and translate risks, and provide mitigating recommendations to the leadership team. You should be open to new challenges, strong at multi-tasking, be creative, self-directed, and a great teammate. You will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and technology teams, both internally and externally, to solve problems and implement new solutions. Having the ability to collaborate with and influence various global teams with some level of ambiguity and uncertainty is a must.
- Connect with internal teams to understand their business processes, how they manage risks, and respond / advise on their compliance needs and concerns.
- Facilitate reporting on risks, findings and controls performance
- Develop controls and mitigation plans, and help drive their implementation
- Drive compliance related initiatives including the performance of gap assessments for new compliance frameworks
- Advise senior management on techniques for optimizing the risk profile of their function and their controls portfolio
- Formalize and lead improvements for Risk & Compliance operations - processes, metrics, reporting, analytics
- Provide regular status updates ensuring stakeholders are aware of progress and road-blocks
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across the Risk & Compliance team
- Seek opportunities to improve processes and collaboration, in order to increase team output and team health
On the first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 5-7 years of experience within Technology Risk Management/Risk Advisory in addition to Compliance, Information Security or Internal Auditing
- Understanding of the software development business for cloud service providers
- Experience with control and risk frameworks, performing compliance and risk assessments, designing controls and overseeing mitigation projects
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially communicating across all levels and cross functional teams
- Ability to apply abbreviations like SOC2, ISO 27000, FedRAMP, NIST, HIPAA, and SOX in a highly dynamic environment
More About Our Team:
Risk & Compliance is a high visibility function working with Atlassian business and technology teams globally. Our responsibilities include risk discovery and assessment, advisory, mitigation and controls oversight, compliance oversight, and reporting. Our purpose is to provide methodologies, structures, processes and oversight to allow effective identification, analysis, reporting, and management of risk throughout the environment. We work with virtually every team within the organization - Trust, (we are part of it), Security, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Customer Support, People, all product groups, the executive team, etc. We also collaborate with business partners, vendors, consultants and customers.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!