Senior Contracts Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to join our hard-working Procurement Team. We are looking for a contracts manager who has strong attention for detail and experience in technology, such as hardware, software/SaaS, and hosted infrastructure and technology consulting services. You‘ll work closely with key partners across Atlassian. You will build effective cross-functional working relationships and actively participate in worldwide contracts management. You will have exposure and interaction with departments across the company and world as well as our external suppliers, so strong social and communication skills are a requirement. You will be a trusted partner and advisor to Sourcing colleagues and internal customers providing practical and timely contractual guidance, identification of contractual risks and informed consent, and excellence
in drafting contract documents.
You'll also have input in development of the contracts management function within Procurement at Atlassian, helping to build out playbooks, contract templates and process improvement documentation.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Work alongside IT, Hosted Infrastructure, Development groups, Marketing, Workplace Experience, and other internal customers
- Structure, draft, and negotiate technology and professional services contracts, as well as purchase agreements, software
licensing, and cloud subscription agreements.
- Responsible for contract close-out, extension and renewal, and communicating contractual changes to all partners.
- Manage the exception process for certain low-risk, low-dollar contracts eligible for "No Legal Review" identifying new categories for fast tracked contract management
- Working alongside Procurement Sourcing personnel, facilitate supplier negotiations, including negotiation strategy development, pricing, SLAs, and other contract terms and conditions.
- Working alongside the commercial contract group within Atlassian Legal to learn core Atlassian legal strategies, develop contract templates and general commercial negotiation guidelines.
- Participate in cross functional meetings with internal customers to capture and consolidate requirements and establish specifications.
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally
- Influence supplier selection/qualification for new products to support the Atlassian technology roadmap and overall company strategy.
- Team with Sourcing leads within Procurement to develop and execute the technology category sourcing strategy.
- Review technology acquisition requests to verify accuracy, specifications, ensuring requested technology meets IT
- Supplier Management - monitor, report, and continuously improve supplier relationships. Seek opportunities to save money and improve quality of service.
- Assist with identifying cost reduction/value improvements in technology spend categories.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; supply chain concentration preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in the acquisition of technology (software, hardware, SaaS, and consulting services)
- 5-7 years of increasingly responsibilities and experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts. Emphasis on SaaS vendors, consulting and awareness of data privacy issues.
- Commodity expertise in technology (focus on SaaS) for a fast-growing, global company
- Ability to work independently while supporting all levels of the company
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand legal, risk and business impacts to contract language
- Experience with risk management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Adaptability in dealing with complex requirements
- Extraordinary communications and customer service skills
- Confluence, JIRA, and Coupa experience is desirable
It's great, but not required if you have:
- 5+ years of contracts manager, or other comparable experience within a corporate legal or Procurement department
More about our team:
This role reports to the Atlassian Procurement Team which is part of the global finance and strategy department within the CFO organization. You would be joining a hardworking and collaborative distributed team that is always growing, learning, and adapting. The team has a positive relationship with the business with responsibility
for planning, pricing and business insights.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!