Head of CSS Analytic Systems
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company through strong analytics insight and data science solutions? Do you find it rewarding to navigate through complexity and solve problems nobody had solutions before? Are you enthusiastic about experimentation, fast learning and innovation?
We’re looking for a senior leader to grow a high-performing team with a passion to solve business problems with data and technology. You and your team will be the strategic partners with senior business leaders, identify opportunities and problems, test and measure hypotheses, build solutions and own roadmaps for maturing our technology and analytic systems.
More about you:
The perfect candidate will be a seasoned people leader with a background in data, technology, and systems. You have strong business acumen, you are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, and you have experience working with senior leaders and cross functional teams. You are a self-starter, a strategic thinker, a data-driven problem solver, and a humble learner. You have demonstrated success in driving change and growth in a large organization.
In this role you will get to:
- Develop mid to long term strategy and roadmap for new CSS capabilities, tools, and systems collaborating with product managers, infrastructure and architecture teams.
- Lead senior managers and help build an organization of data scientists with great technical skills, business acumen, and value fit.
- Partner with senior leaders to identify business opportunities and build capabilities and tools that increase the efficiency of customer support and service
- Partner with cross-functional teams (program management, etc) to drive transformative initiatives and make impact.
- Build shared vision, empower a team of missionaries, and deliver high quality outcomes.
- Drive actionable analytics insights, build data science solutions, and measure impact.
- Manage roadmaps, sprint planning, stakeholder engagement, and remove blockers when needed.
- Be a great communicator to share complex ideas simply, advocate team's work and coach data storytelling.
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- 8+ years experience as a people leader with proven success
- 15+ years experience in developing software products or analytics products or data science based analytics solutions.
- Success at hiring, managing, and growing a global team remotely
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking - when there is complexity and ambiguity, you can help your team identify the right problem to solve
- Success at building a culture of data-informed decision making, fast learning, and innovation
- Strong communication skills to tell data stories to non-technical audience
- Strong technical background in statistics, measurement, experimentation, modeling, SQL, R/Python, data instrumentation
- Experience applying advanced analytics knowledge to the real world
- Roadmap planning, sprint planning, and project management skills
More about our team:
- We are a growing analytics and project delivery team located in multiple regions across the globe.
- We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions.
- We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has.
- We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things. BBQ, tacos, and coffee are a few of our favorite things.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!