Sr. Manager, Compensation Strategy
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an innovative compensation professional to join our growing compensation team. This role will report to the Head of Exec Comp and play a critical role in helping define, shape, and build our compensation roadmap. In addition, you will work with a team of compensation professionals tasked with bringing strategic, innovative thinking to solving some of the most nebulous problems we face in the compensation space today and designing the next generation of compensation strategy and plan design.
You are excited about this role because you will get to:
- Shape and execute on an compensation strategy that enables Atlassian to attract and retain world-class talent, incentivizes behaviors that drive outsized impact and enduring growth, and doubles down on pay equity and fairness.
- Leverage your analytical, consultative, and communication skills to inform and influence the Founders, C-suite, and Compensation Committee on global, business-impacting compensation design and strategy.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the compensation team and the business to identify opportunities for evolution and investment, define solutions to complex and high-impact problems, and ensure alignment between our compensation and business strategies.
- Build and lead a growing, distributed team of innovative compensation professionals focused on solving complex problems and defining next generation compensation practices.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure competitiveness, equitability, and philosophical alignment as we obtain talent through M&A. Assess our current technology platforms and tools and new potential vendors against our organizational needs as we design our Compensation tech stack of the future.
- Drive solid relationships with internal business partners by understanding organizational priorities and drive compensation initiatives to support those priorities
You may be a good fit if you bring the following experience & qualities:
- 6+ years of experience designing innovative compensation offerings, preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth global company.
- Expertise in compensation plan design, including short- and long-term incentive plan design, retention programs, and equitable offer strategies.
- Experience in change management and influencing across complex topics like pay transparency, geographic pay strategy, and top talent retention.
- Passion for approaching complex problems with a balance of data and insights, first principles thinking, and an eye for innovation and disruption.
- Track record of successful senior stakeholder engagement and partnership, including exceptional consulting, communication, and presentation skills.
- A passion for leadership, and a strong appetite for building, supporting, and developing a diverse and distributed team.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to:Unleash the potential of every team.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!