Director of Product Marketing, Compass
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a world-class Director of Product Marketing to lead one of our newest products, Compass. Reporting to the VP of product marketing, you will be responsible for leading a team of product marketers and technical evangelists charged with driving our GTM strategy.
This is a unique opportunity for a product marketing leader who wants to come in and take a product from Beta, to General Availability, to $100 million in revenue. To be successful, the leader in this role knows developer marketing, knows high touch sales and marketing funnels, and knows flywheel marketing funnels, and can build them from scratch.
The way products are built and distributed is changing fast and Atlassian is leading the way. Product marketing at Atlassian sits in the middle of product, design, engineering and almost every function in marketing. From aware to active, brand campaigns to BOFU, SEO to SEM, events to experiments, launches, and PR, leading an Atlassian PMM team gives you the chance to be part of almost every function in a modern marketing team.
What you'll do:
- Build, inspire, manage and lead a best-in-class, diverse team of product marketers and technical evangelists to drive GTM strategy and messaging.
- Be an expert on our products and our customers, and ensure your team is too.
- Own the product marketing fundamentals: messaging, buyer/user personas, product launches, competitive intelligence, market research, segmentation, win/loss analysis, and more.
- Work with Product Management to create a seamless experience, removing pain points and boosting conversion. Be your customers' advocate.
- Inspire action through data-driven insights (market assessments, competitive benchmarking) and drive your teams to execute with operational rigor and efficiency. Turn these into tools and strategies that help drive Atlassian's BHAG of 100 million MAU
- Be an active partner with the Sales teams to deliver training, content, and support for them to reach their goals
What you need to bring:
- 8 years of Marketing, GTM Strategy, and/or Campaign Management experience in a high growth software company - ideally focused on defining value propositions and product messaging.
- At least 2 years managing a growing team of product marketers with added bonus if you have managed developer evangelists.
- Experience in flywheel marketing, high touch sales marketing, and developer marketing is a must.
- Entrepreneurial Zeal:
- From leading a creative brainstorm to staying up on the newest growth hacking techniques, the ability to think outside the box and tackle problems you haven't encountered before is a must
- Software development is ever changing. Having the desire to challenge your self with keeping up with modern software trends will make you very successful in this role
- You will need to influence cross-functional teams and get them excited about and invested in your projects and campaigns
- Decision-Making Ability:
- Deftness in prioritizing among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities, and articulating the rationale behind decisions to other stakeholders
You'll enjoy working in a fun, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment with sharp people on a like-minded mission. We take pride in playing as a team and contributing to the success of the company by throwing our combined weight behind the continued exponential growth of our products. The team you'll be working with appreciates data-driven discussions, candid feedback, genuine empathy, and a passion for pushing the envelope. We care deeply about the products, but even more so about one another, and truly believe that as a team there is nothing we cannot accomplish. If you're interested in joining the ranks of a hungry product marketing team that's determined to raise the bar and create one-of-a-kind experiences for our users, then we've been waiting for you.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!