Senior Data Engineer, Corporate Data
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
- Partner with Product management, analytics, and business teams to review and gather the data/reporting/analytics requirements and build trusted and scalable data models, data extraction processes, and data applications to help answer complex questions.
- Design, build, test, and maintain scalable data pipelines and microservices sourcing both first-party and third-party datasets and store using distributed (cloud) structures.
- Build high volume, distributed, and scalable data platform capabilities and microservices to create efficient and scalable data solutions to enable data access by applications via API.
- Partnering with our People and Finance Analysts to deliver data visualizations and other data products in an effective and scalable way.
- Leverage Atlassian data management tools in management of back-end data sources
- Partner with technical teams on data quality management and surface the right data quality metrics, in the right places.
On day one, we expect you to have:
- Experience with cloud data platforms, preferably Databricks and Tableau
- Experience with Atlassian tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- 6+ years of professional experience as a Data Engineer
- Deep expertise in SQL and data modeling
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization. You'll make sure everyone is on the same page and love to work with you!
- Self-awareness with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve
Nice to have experience:
- Understanding of the Finance business functions/processes namely FP&A, Revenue, Tax, Procurement
- Familiarity with core People processes such as recruiting, onboarding, employee lifecycle, compensation.
- Experience working with Finance technology stack (Ex: Netsuite, RevPro, Coupa)
- Experience with Workday, Lever.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!