Solution Consultant, ITSM Channel Partners
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Perfection not required
Excited about this role, but not sure if you meet 100% of the criteria? Employers would still love to hear from you.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to help our customers compete and win in the modern, digital economy. We have built a multi-billion-dollar, fast-growing software business with over 200,000 paying customers and millions of users around the globe. Many of these organizations acquire Atlassian tools through our global network of partners, who deliver a diverse range of enterprise solutions - such as those powered by our Jira Service Management (JSM) product, where Atlassian and our partners are working to disrupt the current Service Management market space.
Atlassian's growth in the service management market continues to accelerate with the rapid growth of Jira Service Management. Our channel partners play an essential role in this growth and the success of our customers. Atlassian is looking for a Solution Consultant (SC) to help grow our channel partners focused on the service management market. Your pre-sales to post-sales consulting experience is crucial in enabling and supporting channel partners. You’ll join a new team within Atlassian that’s on a mission to develop an enterprise-focused ITSM channel program.
For this role, we want someone who executes with fine precision - part pre-sales solution engineer, part implementation consultant, and part enablement facilitator. The job is not just about the IT Service Management focus but also about how to increase the knowledge of our Partner's field teams and accelerate the partner selling motions while guiding them toward successful implementation practices that ensure customer success.
You will also work closely with the customer-facing ITSM SE team. Our team is skilled at uncovering customer business needs as they consider Jira Service Management for their solution needs. Your discovery-driven consultative approach helps unlock customer challenges and champion new ways of working that guide teams toward adopting improved support practices.
You will collaborate with the Channel business development and Partner managers, Marketing, Sales, and Technical Architects and play a key part in a global team dedicated to ensuring the success of new and existing partners in one of our fastest-growing segments. By partnering with other Atlassian Team members, you will utilize your knowledge and experience as a solution consultant to help drive ITSM channel partner success.
In this role you'll get to:
- Work with the Partner Solutions Strategy team to develop the enablement strategy to grow and accelerate our Service Management partner eco-system.
- Identify ways to help accelerate ITSM channel partner success by contributing to the development and expansion of the ITSM channel partner program.
- Support ITSM channel partners through various stages of the pre-sales process by providing technical expertise and thought leadership that helps partners effectively reach customers.
- Partner with Channel team to develop compelling account strategies, helping Atlassian drive our service management solution (Jira Service Management) within our partner community.
- Contribute to the evolution of practices through resource sharing, feedback loops, etc.
- Partner with product management to identify areas of opportunity to advance Atlassian’s product line; be a key source of market feedback into the product organization from channel partners.
- Develop and deliver channel partner enablement workshops that drive partner success.
- Chip in on thought leadership including representing Atlassian at conferences, partner events.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Both guide and learn from all of us on the Solutions Engineering team
- Have proven experience interacting with channel partners in a pre-sales, consulting, or delivery capacity.
- You share a passion for new ways of working in ITSM , you ask tough questions that inspire customers to explore changes to their approach to ITSM
- Be a creative problem solver who can interpret sophisticated problem statements with the ability to deliver innovative solutions that unlock better ways of working.
- Excel at boiling these down into simple solutions while collaborating with channel partners and sales teams to deliver winning solutions
- Love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback, tolerate failure, love to win, and are passionate about making partners successful.
- Still, reading? Strong familiarity with Atlassian products is desired
- You’re well versed with common ITSM frameworks (IT4IT, ITIL 4, DevOps) and how they play a crucial role in the evolution of Service Management in enterprise organizations.
- You understand the practices by which software gets defined, built, and deployed. You also have experience with IT service management (ITSM) solutions.
Up to 35% travel may be required for this role.
Pursuant to Atlassian policy, individuals must be fully vaccinated and submit proof of their vaccinated status to assume this role, subject to legal exemptions. Candidates must provide proof of their vaccinated status within 30 days of their start date. Please reach out to your recruiter if you have questions about this requirement or if you'd like to submit a request for an exemption prior to the start of your employment.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!