Senior Contracts Manager (Legal)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Contracts Manager to join our supplier commercial Legal contracts team. Ideally, you are thoughtful, resourceful, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for negotiating and drafting contracts with Atlassian suppliers to ensure Atlassian’s contracts are aligned with business objectives and compliance needs. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions that drive Atlassian’s operations.
In This Role, You Will:
- Provide pragmatic, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues escalated by our Procurement team
- Structure, draft and negotiate a broad range of inbound supplier contracts, with strong emphasis on Benefits/HR, SaaS, IT, professional services, and developer agreements
- Analyze use cases with business owners to choose appropriate contract forms and data processing agreements, as applicable
- Work closely with other members of the Legal team to address supplier contract issues, including Privacy, IP and employment concerns
- Work to address supplier due diligence issues with other Atlassian teams, including Procurement, Risk and Compliance, Security and more
- Contribute to various contract process improvement and compliance projects
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done
- You are curious, and want to learn more about Atlassian’s unique business model and products
- You build relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You effectively communicate with the business and suppliers to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters of the contracting process
- Have at least 5+ years of experience drafting and negotiating supplier contracts, with an emphasis on technology and data privacy matters
- BA or BS (J.D. and/or CIPP-E certification is a plus, but not required)
- Passion and diligence to embrace our business model and Atlassian culture
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills
- Ability to Play as a TEAM
More About You:
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!