Program Manager, Enterprise Cloud Migrations
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Shifting our on-premises customers to Cloud is one of Atlassian's top priority goals. Massive company initiatives like MPT, Cloud Shift have been founded to ensure the customer experience and ROI in Cloud is better than Server. In order to continue scaling our business to take on more of our top-tier, enterprise-level customers, Atlassian is now in need of a leader dedicated to the success and scale of the enterprise-level customer migration journey. This person will be responsible for developing the direction and roadmap of this cohort's journey to their successful migration to Cloud.
As an Enterprise Business Lead/Operations PgM for Atlassian's Cloud Migrations team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring deep learning and scale of enterprise-level customer needs, where the gaps are in our current process offerings, and create a best-in-class migrations experience. You will be responsible for driving strategic programs and projects cross-functionally across the whole enterprise funnel from sales to product (GTM, CSS, CSI, etc.) working closely with other program managers and team leaders globally to scale best practices from innovation to adoption and champion continuous improvement.
This role will be accountable for defining and driving clean project execution against a plan you collaboratively design to deliver measurable outcomes for the customer and Atlassian teams. You will partner closely with executive stakeholders to set quarterly delivery initiatives that support the mission while maintaining funnel oversight to manage risks and influencing product improvements. Additionally, you will lead discovery with cross-functional teams to identify and resource surfaced insights as well as radiate customer behavior themes and patterns that will be leveraged for actioning larger improvement initiatives across maturing solution models and customer cohorts.
1. Own program for enterprise funnel. Deeply understand end-to-end journey for high-touch, enterprise-level customers.
2. Committed dedication to keeping CSS process improvements top of mind. ex. enterprise funnel health, Cloud Migrations (CMM/MSE) team projects, pre-sales and post-migration hypercare handovers, etc.
3. Share business insights, program learnings, and funnel trends from customers, blocker programs, ENT-VOC, etc. to prioritize with product
4. Own oversight of enterprise-level blockers list, driving strategic programs/initiatives aimed at reducing/removing top blockers/friction areas for enterprise migrators, and providing recommendations to leaders across the organization for addressing high-impact opportunities.
5. Partner with OET to communicate themes, improve processes, and enhance overall journey for enterprise customers. (Example to engage OET: "we have X issue- OET help us solve this")
6. Document and own large scale updates for BAU programs such as executive sponsors, guardrails, sales hand over, SWAT hand over to ensure program maintenance
What you'll do
- Focus on Customer Experience: Create a best-in-class enterprise/high-touch migration experience by defining key journey touch points, needed tools, plays and processes, content and communication strategies needed to support this customer tier. Work with the other program managers and leadership to map ways of working globally with an eye towards customer migration goals, minimizing time to migrate, and achieving overall success metrics.
- Program Development and Execution: Work with leadership and the Cloud Migrations team to understand opportunities for improvement and program focus. Then develop a program plan that defines the problem statement, stakeholders, options for success, and risk register. Execute against the plan while updating stakeholders and reporting.
- Program Analysis and Refinement: Directly manage and prioritize several strategic program initiatives (ex: Executive Sponsors, Health Checks, Mission Director priorities) aimed at reducing/removing top blockers or friction areas for enterprise customers migrating to cloud to highlight to executive sponsors. Develop and maintain best practices and rituals for analyzing the whole migrations funnel including internal process to customer feedback (ENT-VOC).
- Process at Scale: Scale program learnings to empower and set expectations with Sales/Support teams via Cloud Migration Playbook, SOPs, and other hosted learning sessions. Identify and implement way to contribute, improve, automate where possible, and create consistency across multiple processes so they can be easily maintained at a larger scale.. Establish continuous process improvement cycles where the process, performance, activities, roles and responsibilities, policies, procedures and supporting technology is reviewed and enhanced where applicable.
- Program Communication Plans: With a global team, it is crucial to create and implement multi-channel communication plans to inform all stakeholders of the progress and deliverables of the Programs you are running. This will include understanding the audience, creating communication calendars, and writing / coordinating to create communication content. You will be responsible for communicating updates/asks to Atlassian Executive Sponsors and CSS migrations leadership teams.
- Business Insights and Solutions: Reflect on the previous work and interactions with the teams to help identify opportunities for business impact seen both within the Cloud Migrations team and throughout Atlassian. Then create demand for possible solutions through these insights to help create a backlog of programs for the teams you support.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Support at senior levels within Atlassian to identify, design, and implement programs necessary to achieve or exceed company objectives. Gainleadership and stakeholder buy-in at the beginning of a program and help maintain it throughout the lifecycle of the program.
- Global Influence and Accountability: Ability to influence all the way up to the executive sponsor level to engage them with updates, themes, and how they can support in a digestible format. Ensure that work teams are considering their counterparts across the globe. Create processes and ceremonies that will allow for contribution and communication across time zones. Develop consistency across teams and regions for alignment to goals, processes, and team ceremonies within Atlassian at large.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration and Coordination: Work with Atlassian teams across organizations to share, learn, and create efficiencies. Drive consistent best practices for knowledge management, content creation, and communication specifically within internal channels.
- Meeting Planning for Migrations and Cross-Functional Programs: Manage the week-to-week planning rigor to help teams keep their eye on the quarterly OKR goals, driving the cadence of planning, delivery, iteration, and measurement.
- Tooling Implementation and Reporting: Determine how and what tools can help teams be successful in tracking success metrics, executing work, and reporting outward. We utilize Atlassian products where possible and you will need to understand Jira Administration, Advanced roadmaps, Confluence, and Atlas. We will be focusing on automation in tooling to help us scale, create reporting dashboards, and establish feedback loop mechanisms.
- 3-5 years of project and/or program management experience
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence to produce program roadmaps, communication plans, team enablement, and cross-functional processes
- Experience working with enterprise service delivery and customer teams
- Experience with change management, scope management, and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver work with Agile frameworks
- Ability to build partnerships and influence cross-functional leaders to drive immediate change as well as longer-term road map changes
- Strong, high-impact written and verbal communication skills with experience in building presentations, writing content, and presenting to large audiences as well as leading C-level conversations
- Ability to ask compelling/ leading questions, uncover common customer themes and trends
- Ability to prioritize and optimize processes and tools to reduce inefficiencies
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!