Product Manager, Authorization & Identity
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Our Identity department provides the common backbone that is the Atlassian user account, which underpins every Atlassian product. We're responsible for identifying who users are and what they can access, when using and moving across Atlassian's products and services.
As Product Manager for Authorization & Identity, you will be part of a growing team of Product Managers that lead and drive Atlassian's Identity department. You will report to a Group Product Manager.
In this role you will:
- Understand identity and who Atlassian customers are to drive a strategy and roadmap
- Focus on 'what users can access' part of our Identity department, in a domain that we call Authorization
- Provide a central platform for Authorization, we help developers to accelerate the development of their products, and unlock experiences that span multiple products, to help them work better together.
- Impact millions of users and thousands of companies for decades to come. How cool is that?
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 3+ years of Product management experience in a B2B Saas company with a cloud-native architecture
- Experience working with and designing new APIs for developers
- A background in diagnosing an ambiguous problem area and lead the teams to clarity rallying them behind a vision and crafted goals.
- Ability to balance customers' needs with business needs, prioritize, and communicate the rationale behind decisions
- Experience defining and tracking towards important business and usage success metrics
- Experience leading and launching features / products that meet the needs of customers and the business
- Technical background to prioritize the needs of developers and can shape the vision for a technology platform - you're a PM by trade, but love geeking out over great technical ideas from time to time
- Experience with building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization in large-scale collaborative companies across multiple timezones
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!