Senior Sales Ops Program Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy Customers convert to paying Customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 200,000+ customers to date.
We believe that there is an opportunity to more pro-actively engage with our customers through "Smart Touch" - specific, value-added outbound engagements that will lead to higher conversions and incremental bookings throughout the Customer lifecycle. We also continuously add new products to our portfolio, either organically or through acquisition and make frequent changes to our products and packaging that affect the Field Operations organization (Inside Sales, Strategic Sales, Channels, Customer Service, Sales Consultants,...).
We're hiring a Senior Sales Operations Tech Program Manager, reporting to the manager of our Sales Ops PMO. This role is a senior-level individual contributor, with experience driving complex Sales Technology projects. At Atlassian, you will work closely with Sales, Marketing and IT leadership to understand strategy, collect and prioritize demand, and help manage our integrated project roadmap. You will play an important in our Quarterly Planning process, help to lead delivery of initiatives on our joint GTM Roadmap, and manage the relationship between our Sales Ops and IT Sales departments. Key skills include things like project plan administration, supporting requirements gathering and resource, risk and change management. You will be wearing multiple hats as you manage programs through their lifecycle, and the hats may change from project to project - flexibility and adaptability are key in this fast paced environment.
What you'll do
- Lead our project pipeline and Quarterly Planning processes across our Field sales teams, including Direct Sales, Renewals, Channel, and our Advocate teams. Ensure alignment of department projects, and investments to the quarterly and yearly OKRs. Provide support for staffing requirements and highlight and reduce resource contention across the portfolio. Liaise with IT Program Management to coordinate the IT and Business roadmaps, and ensure alignment of priorities and timelines.
- Provide day-to-day support for the management of projects within our portfolio. These may be Enterprise-wide transformation programs impacting the whole company, or tactical initiatives that require your skillset to get them done. Activities will include the creation/management of program charters, staffing plans, project plans, risk & issue management, communications plans, RACIs, and project governance, including status meetings and steering committees. Work closely with your IT PM counterparts to ensure we are managing projects holistically across business & IT work streams, to eliminate blind spots and roadblocks.
- Drive alignment across the Field organization and other departments through clear communication and change management practices. Ensure stakeholders are properly engaged at the right stages in the project lifecycle. Manage cross-functional and cross-geo collaboration - our teams span the globe, and so do our projects.
- Minimum 4 years in Consulting and/or Business Operations, ideally within a high-growth technology company.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Program Management or Senior Project Management role, with experience leading Enterprise-level projects.
- Deep understanding of change management processes and best practices, including external and internal audiences.
- Proficiency in the Atlassian project management & collaboration stack, and comfortable leveraging technology to bridge the geo divide.
- Experience as a ScrumMaster and leveraging Agile practices with Business team. Working with a variety of SDLC methodologies, and the ability to determine the best fit for your projects.
- Excellent business acumen. You have a solid understanding of B2B sales GTM strategies and operations, and have something to contribute in our roadmap planning discussions with executive leadership and key stakeholders.
- Metrics-driven. You use data to frame, inform and guide the prioritization and decision making process, to manage the health of your programs through delivery, and to assess the success and impact once you are done. This may include ROI analysis, capacity planning and budgeting, TCO analysis, revenue modeling and more.
- An ability to think strategically but dive into details when needed.
- Atlassian is a dynamic, fast-paced company, so adaptability and flexibility are a must.
- Strong influencing skills. As an individual contributor, you will rely on lots of other people to help define the plan and get it executed.
- Excellent communication skills.
At Atlassian, we tie our base pay ranges to role and level. In the United States, that means your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location. Our current base pay ranges for new hires in each zone are:
Zone A: $141,750.00 - $217,400.00
Zone B: $127,575.00 - $195,700.00
Zone C: $117,652.50 - $180,500.00
Within each range, base pay is ultimately determined based on your skills, expertise, and experience. This role may also be eligible for benefits, bonuses, commissions, and/or equity.
Please see here for more information on which locations are included in each of our geographic pay zones. However, please confirm the zone for your specific location with your recruiter.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!