Senior Research Manager, Work Management
Location: Mountain View, California
Job Type: Full time
Show that gap who’s boss!
Women are 16% less likely than men to apply to a job once they’ve viewed it, but are 16% more likely to get hired after applying to a job.*
*LinkedIn Talent Solutions Gender Insights Report 2019
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
To help our teams work together effectively, this role requires you to be located in the Pacific Time Zone.
Your future team
Do you love research, working with people, and excel at applying insights to influence product design and strategy? Atlassian is searching for a Senior Research Manager to lead our growing team of research experts who focus on Work Management For All.
Reporting to the Global Head of Research, you will work with a cross functional, collaborative group that is helping Atlassian achieve our mission to unleash the potential of teams all over the world. As an important part of the Work Management for All (WMFA) leadership squad you will help define a long term, cross product vision and strategy to help all knowledge workers adopt better teamwork practices and tools, including Confluence and Trello.
Our research team is a group of talented and passionate team of mixed methods researchers, spread across the globe. We work together to continuously improve our craft as researchers and our ability to support Atlassian to build better experiences for our customers and users.
What you'll do
- Build, grow and manage a team of researchers in this part of the business, including hiring an inclusive team, mentoring and developing research talent, modelling great craft practices.
- Partner with a cross functional leadership team across product management, design, data science, data science, marketing and engineering to provide research and insights that will influence strategy, product design and roadmap priorities and direction.
- Contribute to the development of a strong, healthy, innovative research practice across Atlassian.
- Experience helping shape strategy and priorities for senior leadership teams at a program level.
- Experience hiring and managing researchers, research managers and research teams, guiding their craft, management capabilities and career development.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and conducting high-quality user research (qualitative and quantitative) that has had an impact.
- Examples of research communication that influences and inspires change. You know how to advocate for research and researchers; you rely on qualitative and quantitative data to create effective ways of reinforcing your team's insights so they resonate and are impactful across diverse audiences, you work in an open and collaborative way.
- It would be nice if you had, but we appreciate you popping your hat in the ring:
- Postgraduate qualifications are a bonus, particularly in the areas of psychology, anthropology, sociology, human factors or a related subject area.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.
You’ve got this!